Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today was supposed to be an amazing day for me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery was supposed to be today. They called on Monday to say the transporter company “dropped” my car and they can’t fix it.

Now I have no car. No vin. No expected delivery date.

I jinxed myself because I sold my car this weekend.

Moral of the story, don't sell your car.

At first they were not even going to give me a loaner in the mean time, but they say they can get me one tomorrow. Hopefully that will ease the pain a bit. But it is depressing to have been so close, and now to be back a square one, with only a reservation number staring back at me. :'-(

images.png

Reactions: silverwolfe08
I know what you're feeling, been 3 weeks of waiting for fixes that I outlined on delivery date. Wondering if I should have not accepted instead. "Slumming" it with a Mercedes C300 loaner over the same intervening period (S rentals are in slim supply).

Have you talked to your leasing company? They are usually happy to give you an extension.

They already offered but wouldn't want to. To extend my lease, I would need to pay the annual renewal registration of $432 (which they would not pro-rate) and my tires are on the verge of needing to be replaced if they get more wear on them ($387 each).

My commute is only 4 miles so I will either ride my e-bike or take Uber/Lyft. We still have one car in the family for weekends.