Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today was supposed to be an amazing day for me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the delivery driver had a little “unintended” acceleration with the silver car straight into the back of yours which shoved it into the building! Cases like this seem to result in an expedited VIN replacement, keep bugging them, I’m sure you’ll get your car soon.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Congrats, I'm on 3 weeks now having paid for my Model 3 and STILL haven't been able to drive a Tesla yet. I guess the coasts are getting all the Model S, or I'm being relegated to second-class Tesla buyer status. I'm going to keep grumbling because life's not such a beach these days (broke my shoulder last year, it still causes daily misery, and I was looking forward to some kind of reprieve...But that's clearly not coming). Sorry for my buzzkill...

Reactions: jtpassat
I finally received my new 3 on Thursday. There are a few issues they have already said they will fix.

1. Major condensation in the tail light
2. Glove box will not open
3. Rock ding on passenger side door that made a tiny dent and chipped the paint

Everyone at the delivery/service center was super nice. A lot of “oh that was your car?” They do seem a little inexperienced.

After driving a loaner S for a month, the only thing I miss is the presenting handles and ludicrous mode. Everything else on the 3 I like better.

Delivery was supposed to be today. They called on Monday to say the transporter company “dropped” my car and they can’t fix it.

Now I have no car. No vin. No expected delivery date.

I jinxed myself because I sold my car this weekend.

Moral of the story, don't sell your car.

At first they were not even going to give me a loaner in the mean time, but they say they can get me one tomorrow. Hopefully that will ease the pain a bit. But it is depressing to have been so close, and now to be back a square one, with only a reservation number staring back at me. :'-(

Had the same thing happen - same story - quite a few years ago with an Eagle Talon. I just figured someone saw the car (beautiful jet black - never a black car again; Model 3 is MSM) and offered more than the price I had negotiated. I wouldn't imagine that happens with Tesla since you have a VIN, etc.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. Keep a stiff upper lip. The wait will be well worth it!!