Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy crap that's only 1.5 hrs from me! But that price is very suspect, some of the low priced ones are at least $40-45k and those are usually the 1.5s. The other 2.0 sports are ~$50k plus so not sure why this one is only $32k.

I paid that much for my Hyundai Santa Fe lol

This was when #858 was auctioned off last year:
https://autoforwarder.com/en/detail/892005-2010-tesla-roadster-sport
It had some minor damage then like torn seat, and (looks like maybe) damaged air dam.
I think someone bought it at the auction, then had it repaired and put it back up for sale... Not sure where it is now.
It was listed on ebay for a while from "sfluxurymotors", but that business seems to have closed (or changed names) since.

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on 858. I’m pretty sure I’ll be going through it judicially but I guess as the seller has no real details the history is going to be sketchy other than the previous posts on the car years ago, is there a way to pull the service history and battery state without actually physically being with the car.

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on 858. I’m pretty sure I’ll be going through it judicially but I guess as the seller has no real details the history is going to be sketchy other than the previous posts on the car years ago, is there a way to pull the service history and battery state without actually physically being with the car.
It’s likely a scam. Look at the other inventory that seller has listed.

Reactions: Stewie26
I was hoping the PEM was throwing codes and the battery was at the end of its life (15km to work and back would be perfect) and I could bring it to Canada for a year till I move. I’ll wait and see what the seller says. But I’m not holding my breath. The ad is taken down so I guess it was never to be.

Thanks, all. Yes, that's my car. I listed it here first in the Tesla For Sale section, then put it on eBay. I first asked $75,000 but then came to realize that price was too high, and reduced it to $65,000. So far I have had no replies other than two people wanting to buy the Taylor Mesh Top (which is not for sale separately because I think it's a good selling point for the car.)

If it doesn't sell on eBay I may list it as an auction. I have not decided yet. I may wait a while and try again. Of course, anybody who prefers to reply to my listing here on TMC does not have to go through eBay, it's all the same to me.

I'm not desperate to sell it, but it would be nice to have the process over and done with since I will be traveling a lot this summer which would complicate matters.

I bought it new in 2011 (it's a 2010 2.5 non-sport) from Tesla inventory. I'm the only owner its ever had and I've had all the maintenance done by Tesla. But I just got my Model 3, and cannot justify having two electric cars. And my parking space is limited. I really love the Roadster, but the Model 3 is more practical, and has features like TACC and auto-steer and is overall a safer car. I really hope the Roadster can go to someone who will get as much enjoyment out of it as I have gotten.

If I can't sell it for a decent price, in a year from now I'll decide if I want to sell the Model 3 instead and just keep the Roadster.

Reactions: Nvbob and dhrivnak
P.S. Veradale is the antiquated name for this part of the city of Spokane Valley, which is a suburb of Spokane, WA. Some zip-code look-ups, including the USPS itself, still call my zip code Veradale and still recognize the place name, even though Spokane Valley incorporated fifteen years ago.

2010 Roadster Base
VIN:
N/A (@TEG ?)
Mileage: 18.500
Price: $64,500
Twilight Blue 2.0 Base for sale in Denver, CO. Base cast rims, paint armor, painted CF top (later stated as "unpainted"?) + storage bag.

00M0M_99JVbQIYRgj_1200x900.jpg

Attachments

• 00N0N_kThdrUfLh3K_1200x900.jpg
    00N0N_kThdrUfLh3K_1200x900.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 56