Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea if these are still for sale but here are a couple in Belgium... @TEG need your help with the VINs, thx.

2012 Tesla (GETRA?) Roadster Sport
VIN:
n/a (EU)
Mileage: 6,089 mi / 9,800 km
Price: $1,579 USD / €1,475 EUR (60 mo lease)
Fusion Red 2.5 Sport with black forged rims, exterior CF kit and "G E T R A" aft badging(?).
1397034091-5634_3.jpg

Another listing of same car (with different pix):
Tesla 2.5 Roadster

"GETRA" roadster is European VIN #908 I think.

2010 Roadster Base (with Sport Badging)
VIN:
#1125 (US)
Mileage: 25,227
Price: $64,500 USD
Newly relisted Fusion Red 2.5. on AutoTrader (previously offered @ $58K). New trans discussed here and CarFax ordeal and Sport badging here.

43572673683.449187976.IM1.12.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
2010 Roadster Base (with Sport Badging)
VIN:
#1125 (US)
Mileage: 25,227
Price: $64,500 USD
Newly relisted Fusion Red 2.5. on AutoTrader (previously offered @ $58K). New trans discussed here and CarFax ordeal and Sport badging here.

Thanks for adding my roadster #1125 to the list of orphans for sale.
The " Sports Badging " is just that !!! This Roadster is " Not the Sports Model " Sports emblem are Decorative only, given to me by a showroom Tesla rep. in Colorado Springs,.

As for the CarFax and AutoFax false accident reports: As of 1-04-2017 , both reports have been cleared and removed from the history of my 2010 2.5 Fusion Red Roadster by both reporting agencies.
On 12- 19- 2016, the Houston PD officer who reported the license plate OOGAS ( clerical error ) of being involved in an auto accident on 11-03-2014 has corrected his report to show the Tesla involved in the accident to be a Model S, white in color, and the license plate corrected to TOOGAS. Thus clearing my 2010 2.5 Fusion Red Roadster of being involved in the auto accident on 11-03-2014.
Dean

43572673683.449187976.IM1.12.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Attachments

• 41413591 roadster in Galeria parking garage.jpg
    41413591 roadster in Galeria parking garage.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
But, for some reason, there's not logo stitched into the seats.

"Base" level seats didn't have any logos, unfortunately. Only Premium seats had them, & I think they were $1,800 at purchase.

And, @Roadster - Cast Base Wheels were offered on all cars standard from later in the 1.5 production cycle onward, around VIN 260? or so. Forged Wheels then became a priced option (I noticed you wrote 2.5).

Last edited:
That's a beautiful car. I guess without SC capability/access, it's virtually impossible to drive a Roadster cross-country?

Not impossible in the slightest! Roadsters have UMC's with NEMA 14-50 just like Model S/X. I drove from Dallas to Durango, CO in my previous Roadster 2.5 utilizing 50A plugs at RV parks along the way, and it was the most enjoyable trip of my life!

Sure, it's no supercharging, but it's about the journey...not the destination. :)

Cast Base Wheels were offered on all cars standard from later in the 1.5 production cycle onward, around VIN 260? or so. Forged Wheels then became a priced option (I noticed you wrote 2.5).

I think they started around VIN 249:
P0249-5YJRE11B281000249-side.jpg

And the first ones had an extra dark finish that Tesla said was a "mistake" and so they switched to a more silver looking finish once they delivered that first batch.

Not impossible in the slightest! Roadsters have UMC's with NEMA 14-50 just like Model S/X. I drove from Dallas to Durango, CO in my previous Roadster 2.5 utilizing 50A plugs at RV parks along the way, and it was the most enjoyable trip of my life!

Sure, it's no supercharging, but it's about the journey...not the destination. :)

Thanks! My dream would be to pick one of these beauties up in CA and then drive back to the East Coast, but i wasn't sure whether limitations on range and charging options would make that possible. Or whether it's more typical that someone ships the car cross-country instead of driving it.

I would guess that most Roadster buyers would ship rather than drive. While you clearly can drive anywhere you want (electricity is everywhere), it is slow. If you can find 240V 70A chargers (owners put in a set along I-5 on the West coast, and Sun Country Highway has them across Canada, so this would be possible), on a long distance day you can spend almost as much time charging as driving as you will only be able to recharge at a max rate of 50 miles of range per hour (mitigated by starting with a full charge in the morning; if your trip is short enough, well, you won't have to charge at all). If you are limited to pulling 40A from 50A RV outlets, worst case you can spend almost twice as much time charging as driving.

I never went cross-country in the Roadster, but I took 7 road trips in the 1700 to 3500 mile range. It would be harder now that I am used to Supercharging; but if you aren't in a hurry and you plan stuff to do while charging, it can be fun.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: AtAge19 and redan
When i bought mine for 2 years ago in Germany drov i it home
Had to swich to range mode 500m before home
I charge the roadster 7 h when i wait for the ferry with 230V 13A and i fix it and temp was around frezing i think the trip home excloud the the ferry was 350km

Do you have any details on "base" and "premium" seats? Mine have the embroidered logo, but they don't seem to be "premium" in any way.

Base seats were offered in Black, Dark Gray, Light Gray, and Beige. This consisted of the seats one solid color and the leather portion of the doors that same color. No variations.

Premium offered more options for colors (red, orange, yellow, saddle, cream, and microfiber) and variations (Rally One and Rally Two).

VIN1202 seats1.jpg

Rally One had the primary color and the accent color on the seats as shown, and the upper doors. These could be in any combination. Example: this one is Premium Black & Cream Rally One.

PDGLGRT.jpg

Rally Two: primary color on seat sides, with secondary color solid on the inner seats.
Example: this one is Premium Dark Gray & Light Gray Rally Two.

So, @supersnoop in your case, your car just has Premium seats, but they aren't in a Rally combination. To my knowledge, in that configuration they original owner essentially paid $1,800 for just the seats with logos on them. My previous 2.5 (#1213) had the same option! I've definitely seen quite a few cars with this option.

I've been following every single Roadster auction on ebay for nearly a year and, man, they just do not seem to be selling at hardly any price...
@John W. Ratcliff, Teresa's twin is listed as "Pending" (at least on the main search results page thumbnail image) at this dealership so perhaps there's hope for her?

2010 Roadster Sport
VIN:
#557 (US)
Mileage: 7,598
Price: $75,988
Thunder Gray 2.0 Sport at Eurostar Auto Gallery in Cockeysville, MD. CF exterior kit, CF interior kit, clear CF hardtop, black forged rims.

2276344_x640_02.jpg

Additionally, to further illustrate the upholstery wisdom @DeedWest recently imparted with us, this one's wearing an Executive Leather Premium Black & Saddle Rally Two interior.

2276344_x640_16.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm, something doesn't seem right here. Seven (7) Roadsters for sale at the same dealership; one of them sporting the paper plate of a different dealer?! Anyone in/near Garland, TX who can check into this trove for us? The prices also all look like they're from around 2011/12 when, presumably, lease returns and CPOs were starting to appear on the market in anticipation of the MS. Regardless, listing them all here for posterity and posting shots of the license plates where possible so @TEG, @DeedWest and any other VIN experts can help solve the mystery.

2010 Roadster Sport
VIN:
n/a
Mileage: 3,500
Price: $139,900
Glacier Blue 2.0 Sport. Allegedly, "...one of the most optioned Tesla Roadsters ever sold..."

557788199.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------

2010 Roadster Base
VIN:
n/a
Mileage: 2,700
Price: $109,000
Fusion Red 2.0 Base. Apparently, "Comes with full 3-year/36,000-mile warranty."

809384020.jpg

2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
n/a
Mileage: n/a
Price: $117,900
Sterling Silver 1.5 Base. Astonishingly, "...this beautiful and rare 2008 Tesla Roadster is friendly to the environment..."

557788253.jpg

2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
#301 (US)
Mileage: 4,100
Price: $99,000
Fusion Red 1.5 Base. Previously offered for sale on TMC here then got bricked and discussed here.

557788209.jpg

2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
n/a
Mileage: 550
Price: $99,500
Twilight Blue 1.5. Purportedly, "...loaded with factory upgrades..." including an MC240 and spare connector.

557788241.jpg

2010 Roadster Base
VIN:
n/a
Mileage: 6,541
Price: $98,950
Electric Blue 2.0 Base. Ostensibly, "If you're looking for a roadster that will stand out from the rest..." look no further.

557788385.jpg

2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
n/a
Mileage: 692
Price: $99,500
Twilight Blue 1.5 with the extra dark cast aluminum rims alluded to earlier in this thread.

557788165.jpg