TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Today's Roadster Orphan

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Roadster, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

2011 Roadster Base
    VIN:
    #804 (EU)
    Mileage: 61,000
    Price: $60,000 USD BIN + Make Offer

Thunder Gray 2.5 Base in Fevik, Norway up for auction on eBay. Painted cast rims, soft top, Premium black int, infotainment grp. Seller states new wheel bearings and "PEM upgrade".

s-l1600.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

2011 Roadster Base
    VIN:
    #1195 (US)
    Mileage: 22,000
    Price: $60,000 USD

Twilight Blue 2.5 Base for sale in Kailua (Oahu), HI. Black forged rims, Base gray interior, Infotainment pkg, SMC, UMC. Previously listed in the Orphan thread here.

00V0V_cVy2QJWmAXB_1200x900.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Monkey

Monkey Member

FWIW, they have this priced at $55,980 and it looks to be in great shape. More pics/info on their web site radicalauto.com and the car was still there last week. I was in Burbank and decided to see if it was there and it was. I would have test drove it, but the wife already said no so I just looked at it... and walked away.

4. Dudeapa

Dudeapa Member

#642 sold on BAT for $45k with all the carbon fiber options, only 4k miles, and a range charge of 230 ideal miles. #669 sold for $44.5k on ebay with 39k miles. Both were 2010 sports.

That's either two really good deals today, or prices have continued to decline.

5. Dudeapa

Dudeapa Member

2010 Tesla Roadster Sport

2010 2.5 Sport
    VIN: 1078
    Mileage: 42,763
    Price: $43,477

Not entirely sure this posting is legit. A wholesale dealer in Tennessee. The car still has CA plates on it, not vanity plates from the dealership. The carfax history does show last owned in CA and then in dealer inventory. Each vehicles location of the pictures are different for many of the vehicles I quickly pulled up. 820b5e9f9fbd4badbca36ce28f04da32.jpg

6. Dudeapa

Dudeapa Member

Auto Centrix

VIN: #1178 (US)
    Mileage: 57,500
    Price: $59,989 USD
    Another Thunder Gray Roadster at Auto Centrix. This one is a 2.5 sport with the basic black interior. 4A_285.jpg

7. EricUSC

EricUSC Member

Just earlier this year, #622 sold for $93.5k at Barrett Jackson: 2010 TESLA ROADSTER SPORT - Barrett-Jackson Auction Company - World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions

Like #642, #622 is also a Roadster 2.0 Sport with very low miles and it sold for more than double the price of #642. The possible reasons for this that I can think of are:

1. #622 is red while #642 is black. It's possible that red Roadster are commanding a premium over other colors because a red one was launched into space.

2. It's possible that there was a bidding war between two irrational bidders at Barrett Jackson on #622 raising the prices above the usual market value, or BAT just didn't provide the exposure for #642 to the right crowd.

3. There are few Roadsters and the market is small, so auctions are hit or miss.

Elon had two Roadsters, a black Founders Series which he still has now and the red one he sent into space. #622 was well sold. #642 was well bought. Black is the color that Elon decided to keep. I'm interested in hearing other opinions on this.

8. slcasner

slcasner Member

I doubt that the choice was based on color. Founders VIN #1 is the obvious valuable factor.

• Like x 1
  9. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

They call it, Resale Red" for a reason.:D

10. DeedWest

DeedWest 2010 Roadster 2.0 - VIN 523

Solid flip for that Barrett Jackson guy, who bought 622 from Dallas around $69K several months beforehand.

As for the Roadsters on BaT, I feel that not enough people view the sites and they just get stolen for fantastic prices.

11. rudholm

rudholm Member

I'm inclined to agree. Toyota Supras, on the other hand, are in front of exactly the right audience.

12. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

You gotta do it this way: have her test drive it "just to say you have driven one," then ask.

Worked for me 8 years ago.;)

• Like x 2
  13. Dudeapa

Dudeapa Member

14. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

BFD1FA6F-0800-42B3-AC6E-DDECC15B2AFB.png Robb Francis Sports Car in the east coast is selling an extremely upgraded, extremely low miles (less than 3000), 2010 Black Roadster Sport with carbon fiber interior package AND all carbon fiber exterior package as well including the side air vents. Contact Andrew at 973-202-0652 if interested. First to offer $45K gets this beautiful car.

15. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

Visit their website at rfsportscar.com to see more photos. And ask for Andrew if you call them.

16. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

Andrew correct number is 973-202-0652.

17. Dudeapa

Dudeapa Member

That's strange, they just sold 642 on Bringatrailer.com last month, the deal must have fallen through. $45k was the high bid

18. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

Yes, Andrew said buyer had financing issues.

19. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

Wow...that is a good price at $45K.

20. ion_1

ion_1 Member

The dealer is very close to me. I hope to stop by within the next week to take a look at #642 if it is still there. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will take a closer look. Agreed, the price it went for on bringatrailer was incredible.