TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Today's Roadster Orphan

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Roadster, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. spaceballs

spaceballs Member

Listing roadster #164 soon, figured I post it here first.
    Things that stand out for me are the low miles and microfiber cloth seat option.
    Car never been in an accident, but does has salvage title due to theft and recovery.
    Recently had Tesla Service annual service on it.
    Things that need fixing is keyfob not working i.e. can't remote lock/unlock/open trunk, I forgot to ask the service center to fix that when it was in the shop. Also front mud flaps, there is an ESS warning when the car goes to sleep, but confirmed with Tesla Service that the ESS does in fact go to sleep properly so the warning is benign, an ESS upgrade down the road would likely fix it.
    PM me for additional photos/info/etc.
    Price 39k.

IMG_2132.JPG IMG_2133.JPG IMG_2134.JPG IMG_2174.JPG IMG_2281.JPG IMG_2283.JPG

2. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

Is there any information on 647, I did a search back and other than finding the old owners name I couldn't see anything. I see the Battery is healthy but the title would be a concern, not from service, just import requirements

3. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

4. thebabydoc

thebabydoc Member

5. thebabydoc

thebabydoc Member

Actually, I read an article on this car (I think it was linked from here). The guy busted his ass marketing it at Barett-Jackson, it was a unique car (meaning a Tesla Roadster), low mileage, at the right time at the right place (collector's auction with high marketing$$). A second car sold there for I believe $60K. That guy did not put in nearly the same time and effort.

• Informative x 1
  6. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Member

Where is it located?

7. Sig72

Sig72 Member

Do you know for sure if it is bricked? What sort of price range would a Roadster like this sell for?

8. X.l.r.8

thats a good point, if they have no key and the other 2 are with the previous owner it may have something left in it, but they are getting nothing at the screen even without the key. That would indicate the 12v battery is dead and the main pack should have kept that charged. Odds are good that it’s dead but not certain.

9. thebabydoc

thebabydoc Member

Since I'm here in Phoenix, I have little doubt that Peter Gruber can bring it back to life for the right price. The other issue is that it now carries a salvage title and, even with documentation that kids the value. I will follow it but given risks and transportation costs, nothing more than $30k.

10. thebabydoc

thebabydoc Member

The Hawaii car is a scammer. According to DeedWest the original car owner went through like 4 PEMs and 3ESSs too

11. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

Mercury Insurance now owns #683 and it will come with 1 valet key and 1 standard key. the other key was stolen.

• Like x 1
  12. candersoh

candersoh 7957farm.com and knotweedfarms.com

Which one...The white Hawaii car on autotrader?

13. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport - VIN 1414

Twilight Blue 2.5 - 1195. My take was that I would personally avoid that Roadster as a potential buyer due to its history of consistent major replacements. I have no idea if the seller was a scammer or not.

• Helpful x 1
  14. im4uttx

im4uttx Member

This one is now mine....haven't a clue if it was a good price or not, but compared to others on the market across the U.S. I think it was good enough for me...

• Like x 7
  15. gregd

gregd Active Member

Congrats, and Welcome to the family!

16. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Congrats! That dealer in Carrolton has sold at least 2 Roadsters recently.

17. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport - VIN 1414

Congratulations! Executive Dark Gray is an extremely rare interior, so you picked a great one. I’ve heard rumors that one used to be owned by Bill Maher, but not 100% sure.

18. im4uttx

im4uttx Member

Thanks all.

The CARFAX report only shows 1st/only owner as "corporate" so could be someone "famous" or just some corporate ownership for status, but the mileage definitely says it was more likely part of a large number of vehicles by a single owner, so low usage as a group of cars...maybe...

• Like x 1
  19. m1k3

m1k3 New Member

DeedWest, I've got a deposit down on 1157 (coincidentally from the same dealership the guy you responded to got his from). Do you have any info on that vehicle? Apparently you're the VIN Oracle around here from what I've read. Thanks!

20. X.l.r.8