Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grey is $80, white $85. I sold a very orange R80 sport with 17k and no options for 80k in 2018.
do you have another very orange or is this one, pictured with the thunder gray, the one that was sold?
img_20181019_140602-jpg.540590

dismantling for spare parts

wow. You know your supply chain is bad when you have to buy back cars and take them apart to provide spare parts. Also, who is going to accept used parts for non-warranty work? I guess there might be some Roadsters left with extended warranties that they have to provide parts for...

Well, guess it was a good time to sell my Roadster last year. Come on new Roadster!

Reactions: ra88it
Reactions: DeedWest
Access to the supercharger network is also something the original Roadster lacks...

AWD.... 600 mile range? There is a lot to like about the new Roadster spec wise.

But the original Roadster may always be the epitome of raw / basic simple connected to the road driving experience.
The only Tesla that will have non-assisted steering for instance.

wow. You know your supply chain is bad when you have to buy back cars and take them apart to provide spare parts. Also, who is going to accept used parts for non-warranty work? I guess there might be some Roadsters left with extended warranties that they have to provide parts for...
Well, guess it was a good time to sell my Roadster last year. Come on new Roadster!

there's another consideration. Tesla has never been thrilled about supporting the original Roadster. Elon has said many disparaging things about the car. They could be buying them back to (1) spur trade-ins on modern Teslas and (2) get them off the road so they don't need to support them anymore. Parts are just a secondary benefit.

• Helpful
Reactions: ra88it
there's another consideration. Tesla has never been thrilled about supporting the original Roadster. Elon has said many disparaging things about the car. They could be buying them back to (1) spur trade-ins on modern Teslas and (2) get them off the road so they don't need to support them anymore. Parts are just a secondary benefit.
Bingo. Just saw a 2011 very orange sport with a bad battery pack and 60K miles that Tesla offered 51K for. That kind of stuff is going to put some upwards pressure on prices.

Reactions: tvuolo and ra88it