Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2011 Roadster Sport
VIN:
#1187 (US)
Mileage: 21,000
Price: $75,000
Electric Blue 2.5 Sport up for sale in Northville, MI. Silver forged rims, Premium Dark Gray / Light Gray Rally One seats.

43584572013.457854388.IM1.MAIN.408x544_A.408x544.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

- VIN 5YJRE1A36A1000611 (U.S.)
- 2010 2.0 Sport (611)

- Obsidian Black Metallic or Jet Black Premium (I truthfully cannot tell...though I'm leaning toward Obsidian)
- Exterior Carbon Fiber Accent Group
- Carbon Fiber Hard Top
- Executive Black & Red Rally One + Carbon Fiber Accent Group
- Black Forged Wheels
- Adjustable Suspension
- Electronics Group
- Paint Armor
- Solar Guard Windshield
****Does NOT have Xenon Headlamp Retrofit
****Charging equipment, service history, and battery CAC unknown.
****Sport badges missing from sides, but this was relatively common on the earlier VIN 2010's. The VIN designates this car a true Sport model.

- $99,999 (446 Miles…holy cow)
- Located in Manhattan Beach, California

Quite possibly the second lowest mileage used Roadster I’ve ever seen. Before this, was VIN 1453 with a supposed 360 miles in April 2014.
Nice of this little guy to uphold the market value of the Roadsters. With exception of unknown charging equipment included, this appears to have every visible option for a 2010.

Someone...please bring love to this thing and fix the mileage issue.

For the eBay link, click the VIN.

• Love
Reactions: snd92
2011 Roadster Sport
VIN: not listed
Mileage: 6700
Price: $84,995
Very Orange 2.5 Sport listed on craigslist in the north part of San Francisco area. Plenty of carbon fiber inside and out with rally interior. The dealer is calling it a "25 model range extender". Very unique appearance, someone on here is likely to know the VIN.
2011 Tesla Roadster 25 Range Extender Fully Loaded One Owner Low miles
2011 Very Orange.jpg

Reactions: Rotarypower
2011 Roadster Sport
VIN: not listed
Mileage: 6700
Price: $84,995
Very Orange 2.5 Sport listed on craigslist in the north part of San Francisco area. Plenty of carbon fiber inside and out with rally interior. The dealer is calling it a "25 model range extender". Very unique appearance, someone on here is likely to know the VIN.
2011 Tesla Roadster 25 Range Extender Fully Loaded One Owner Low miles

I think that is #1345... May have been originally delivered to Canada.

Yep....after speaking to the broker of the car, he has a high level understanding of the car, but not TMC level, so I think listed it thinking the 25 (2.5) also updated the ESS with additional range. As @DeedWest stated, this car doesn't have the 3.0 upgrade. I'm certainly ok with that. We will see how things pan out!

Reactions: DeedWest
Alright, well #1345 was delivered cross country to my home in NC in great condition yesterday. Thank you to this community for all the wisdom and guidance in helping me make the decision to pursue this car! Special thanks to all the contributors to this thread, without whom I would have never known this car was for sale. I'll post my full delivery and first impressions in the "to orange or not" thread in the next day or so.

Is it my imagination, or does it seem like the prices for used Roadsters has stabilized, and possibly started drifting up this year?
Hard to tell based on asking prices alone. I haven't been following the Roadster scene long enough to have a good historical gauge on things but I'm sure @TEG or @DeedWest whose respective compendiums have better data can weigh in more precisely. Regardless, FWIW, below is a quick tally of avg. asking prices and mileages for the 50 or so U.S. Roadsters found in this Orphan thread which was started back in Jan of this year. Keep in mind, it's a very small sampling and the prices for unsold cars may have been lowered since they were originally posted. Thoughts on how these prices compare to 2016?
Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.43.25 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.43.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.43.25 PM.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak and ViviV
2010 Roadster 3.0 Sport
VIN:
N/A
Mileage: 35,183
Price: $84,888
Thunder Gray R80 Sport(?) with dual racing stripes for sale in Torrance, CA. 3.0 ESS upgrade, ext CF kit, int CF kit, painted CF hardtop, black forged rims, infotainment pkg, UMC with full set of adapters(?), HPC(?).
11876361.1496971616602.69E062EF60EF48289F7B679A3E0EFD90.jpg

I bet that is #707... And if so, I think it is NOT a Sport. We don't see any Sport badges anywhere, do we?

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak