Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
N/A
Mileage: 26,000
Price: $59,000
Twilight Blue 1.5 for sale in San Diego, CA. Not many details other than an ESS issue that wasn't addressed.

43580499391.454909224.IM1.MAIN.1000x750_A.1000x540.jpg
Yes, that is mine. It's #454. I have a couple buyers interested and one coming in to inspect it from out of town in a couple of days. According to the buyer many of the current listings are already sold and its been hard for him to locate one actually available.

Is anyone here aware of any other 3.0's that have sold besides the first one on ebay for $119k?

Last edited:
2010 Roadster Sport
VIN:
#812 (US)
Mileage: 4,500
Price: $69,995
Fully decked out Radiant Red 2.0 Sport up for sale in Burlingame, CA. Black forged rims, clear CF top, CF ext pkg, CF int pkg, paint armor, SMC, UMC, Executive Dark Gray / Light Gray Rally Two interior, car cover, and four sets of keys including a valet key! Anyone have a picture of one of those as discussed here?

00A0A_87BAXmOo6BU_1200x900.jpg

2010 Roadster 3.0 Base
VIN:
#660 (US)
Mileage: 2,505
Price: $79,000
Barely driven Obsidian Black Base R80 up for sale in Honolulu, HI. Factory warrantied 3.0 upgrade (literally just completed in April), silver forged rims, electronics grp, Premium int, painted CF top. 352 ideal miles on Range charge.

00D0D_1p7OCB0EQYT_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Presumably so the valet can't disable Valet Mode which is nice. How significantly different is the key cut from the master or are they the same? Definitely want to look into finding a blank and having one cut accordingly.
It's exactly the same as far as I can tell. Just no fob buttons. I've only used it twice. Once when I first got the car and was confused as to why a valet key would open the trunk. Then the other day when I re-tested it to make sure I hadn't mis-remembered.

If it doesn't have a different cut from the valet key, does the main key use RFID or some other proximity technology to disable the car from accessing Valet Mode in the VDS?

The only proximity technology that I'm aware of in the Roadster is pressure sensors in the seats to detect posteriors proximate to said seats (for air bag deployment interlock). There's no RFID tech in it that I know of.

The only proximity technology that I'm aware of in the Roadster is pressure sensors in the seats to detect posteriors proximate to said seats (for air bag deployment interlock). There's no RFID tech in it that I know of.
I didn't think the Roadster had seat occupancy sensors. The passenger airbag is always enabled; hence the note in the manual about passengers under age 12 and the effort required to install a switch to disable it.

Just to clarify the issue:
There is no real "valet" key. Just an extra key without the remote. Valet mode is handled strictly thru the VDS as previously stated.
The is no RFID chip in the key. The process Tesla goes thru is just to reprogram the remote.
Any key that is cut to work in the ignition will start the car.
The Roadster is the only car I know that can be "hot-wired" like in the movies using just a few wires-it literally takes 10 seconds. So ALWAYS set the alarm.
And for those of you who only use a 4 digit PIN to disable the alarm-you can use up to 8 digits to make it harder to guess the code.

Just to clarify the issue:
There is no real "valet" key. Just an extra key without the remote. Valet mode is handled strictly thru the VDS as previously stated.
The is no RFID chip in the key. The process Tesla goes thru is just to reprogram the remote.
Any key that is cut to work in the ignition will start the car.
The Roadster is the only car I know that can be "hot-wired" like in the movies using just a few wires-it literally takes 10 seconds. So ALWAYS set the alarm.
And for those of you who only use a 4 digit PIN to disable the alarm-you can use up to 8 digits to make it harder to guess the code.
Ha. Learned something again. Thanks for clarifying!