Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2010 Roadster Base
VIN:
#N/A (CA)
Mileage: 39,341 mi / 63,313 km
Price: $68,354 USD / C$89,950 CAD
Electric Blue 2.0 Base for sale by Shift Motors in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Black forged rims, 2.5 front/rear fascia, soft top, aftermarket rear lens covers(?), CF sills, CF binnacle, Infotainment pkg, Premium Black / Lt. Gray Rally One int, custom Alcantara waterfalls, dashpad and door panels.

View attachment 472499
I have additional details on 5YJRE6A10A1000938. I LOVE the color or Arctic Blue Roadsters. What can I say? The dealer states it charges to 202 miles. I was little turned off by them stating:
Furthermore, the vehicle is not available for a test-drive. Due to the rarity of the vehicle, we do not offer test-drives unless a deposit is placed on the vehicle. The vehicle cannot be financed. It must be a transaction. Lastly, I would recommend reaching out to your ministry of transportation to double check if this vehicle can be registered in your state.

What flying from DC not serious enough? Then I have to pay import tax, VA tax and personal property tax too? On top of figuring out if I can register the car? Still thinking about it but a lot of hurdles. It has insurance claim left side (23k to fix it). Looks great from the photos. Did I miss something gang? Thanks

Attachments

• CARFAX Canada Vehicle History Reports.pdf
    0 bytes · Views: 66
  • Funny
Reactions: ICON and drewski
I LOVE the color or Arctic Blue Roadsters.
Actually, that's Electric Blue. There's a Glacier Blue that is much lighter, and an Arctic White.

I suspect you can't drive it because it's been salvaged, so they don't have it registered. Before you jump in on this, you should talk to a customs broker who routinely imports Canadian cars. There might be some restrictions on cars that have salvage titles. There's a lot of risk and headaches ahead buying a damaged car. For a while, Tesla service centers wouldn't touch them or even sell parts for them. I think that's changed, but maybe on a case by case basis.

If I were you, I'd hold out for a US car with a clean title. They do show up periodically.

• Informative
Reactions: Gremlin
Actually, that's Electric Blue. There's a Glacier Blue that is much lighter, and an Arctic White.

I suspect you can't drive it because it's been salvaged, so they don't have it registered. Before you jump in on this, you should talk to a customs broker who routinely imports Canadian cars. There might be some restrictions on cars that have salvage titles. There's a lot of risk and headaches ahead buying a damaged car. For a while, Tesla service centers wouldn't touch them or even sell parts for them. I think that's changed, but maybe on a case by case basis.

If I were you, I'd hold out for a US car with a clean title. They do show up periodically.
Thank you and agreed. Love this group!!

Reactions: ICON
Wait - What happened??? I went to the web page and they still want $90K CAN for it? They're telling you it has $23K in damage? Something's not right here.

I thought I was the crazy one. The car had 23K in damages in Jan 2015, and was fixed sometime in Feb 2015. It's on the CARFAX report. However to be asking that price - insane yes. I'll wait. Glacier Blue was the color I meant is my favorite Roadster color. Then electric blue and black is second place tie :- P. Not sure why the CARFAX didn't show up. Here it is again on the car.

Attachments

• CARFAX Canada Vehicle History Reports.pdf
    145.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Reactions: ICON
Thank you and agreed. Love this group!!
@Carbuilder
Is this not your car and also
@djp old car and was sold some time ago. Shift seems to leave their ads up with cheap or desirable cars to drive traffic even though the car was sold a long time previous. I personally have nothing good to say about them.
the reason you cannot drive it is because they do not own it. Or it’s on commission and they do not have it.

edit. Their car is. 939. My comment on Shift still stands. Importing the car to the US needs no further modifications. Only the other way around.

Last edited:
Bill thank you sir. Good looking out. I'm picky, I prefer the 2.5 models due to sound insulation, double din (Apply Play) and the 12v battery not being within the ESS. Also the car has to have least 180 miles of range or dead on arrival. Not sure if Tesla is coming back with the ESS upgrade. Most roadster colors I can deal with except a few: Racing Green, Bright Yellow and Very Orange not happening. I'm the 1/2 camp that likes Lightning Green! I saw the Lighting Green 2.5 at the Rockville SC while road rash rims were getting fixed, but had little over 30k on model S and two credit cards. Discipline. Sigh.

I looked (online not in person) at Barrett-Jackson Collection Showroom Roadster turned me onto :- p. That is one sweet looking car. Rather not sell Apple or Amazon stock until MS payments are gone (about 5-6 months current rate). Just paid off Amex (gone) Visa gone in two more weeks. Home and MS be my only debt.

That electric blue in Canada would have been mine if in U.S. and no accident! My original Model S was the Ocean Blue. Gorgeous. May paint a Roadster that Ocean Blue :- P once I land one.

Last edited:
StackPath

. Why do I do it to myself?
5YJRE1A32B1001353. Dakota says it has R80 battery pack from July 17 and new PEM. Having said all that, black book on 2011 Roadster sport at 19K miles was 55k. 70K a reasonable price?
Here's file he just sent to me.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    446.3 KB · Views: 86
StackPath

5YJRE1A32B1001353. Dakota says it has R80 battery pack from July 17 and new PEM. Having said all that, black book on 2011 Roadster sport at 19K miles was 55k. 70K a reasonable price?

the trends from the 3.0 battery thread made me question trying to find one with it . . . what kind of range does it get per charge, currently?

StackPath

What is the ideal range? std/rng modes? Can you get a log dump?

60-70k is the range for clean low mileage, imo...this appears to be at the upper end, but with battery/PEM upgrade, could be worth it. The 40k for battery/PEM doesn't automatically make it worth more, but it does take risk off the table for wear and tear on that system that you should not have to worry about near-term.

She looks nice.

What is the ideal range? std/rng modes? Can you get a log dump?

60-70k is the range for clean low mileage, imo...this appears to be at the upper end, but with battery/PEM upgrade, could be worth it. The 40k for battery/PEM doesn't automatically make it worth more, but it does take risk off the table for wear and tear on that system that you should not have to worry about near-term.

She looks nice.
I asked for the range, they just got it sitting in warehouse charging now. He stated 255 of top his head but not sure yet. Dealer stated:

The original owner he said he just didn’t drive it enough, just purchased a new Bentley and that’s what he’s been driving. He said it just sat there and collected dust.

I don't have &^%$ you money sitting around.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: candersoh
StackPath

Yes I think $70K is very reasonable for a good R80. The pack should easily extend the life 10 years. If Tesla does come back with the 3.0 battery I would bet it will not be below $29K for the upgrade.

• Informative
@Carbuilder
Is this not your car and also
@djp old car and was sold some time ago. Shift seems to leave their ads up with cheap or desirable cars to drive traffic even though the car was sold a long time previous. I personally have nothing good to say about them.
the reason you cannot drive it is because they do not own it. Or it’s on commission and they do not have it.

edit. Their car is. 939. My comment on Shift still stands. Importing the car to the US needs no further modifications. Only the other way around.

No, that is not my car. And yes, djp's car was sold some time ago.........to me!

I did look at that car at Shift. I would have bought it but they sent it out to Tesla to be checked out for me after I looked at it and forgot to let me know when it was back. Yes, despite my emails reminding them I was ready to buy it when it came back (assuming the checkout didn't find anything and the battery condition was good). So I ended up buying the other car and then emailed to tell them they really messed up big time.

The car at Shift did seem very good to me. I did find some history on it and the damage was a parking lot hit that was not too serious, but panels were replaced so it cost a bit for the repairs. I don't think it was a salvage title car; pretty sure I would have been told that.

My experience is also that Shift leaves ads up after cars are gone. I don't think they are the only ones to do that, but you have to call them to see if cars advertised are still for sale.