Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Gremlin.

Actually this was the car that when I saw the price I stated must have been some good cocaine. Yes, thank you. Way over priced. The car is 9 years old. Bushings, hoses, pins etc., have to be replaced. Not playing that amount of maintenance in a car when I can get Plaid Model S with new 1 million battery or used Taycan still come out ahead.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ra88it
having spoken with owners of 3 other cars that received “new” batteries during 2016-17 and none having updated PEM/80kWh battery/badging... I’d venture to say that it’s not a R80 / 3.0 car.

But, maybe some of our Bay Area friends can check it out and see?
Think I came to get probably 1/2 of DeedWest's knowledge on Roadsters.....I have ran across a few Roadsters with no 3.0 badging but the ESS yellow tag above the PEM usually confirms whether its a 3.0 (in conjunction with the silver Tesla manufacturer badging. No not selling model S. My play stock account once have more money to pay off Lord Raiden in now worth 9k. Darn MA and DIS...probably a pipe dream now.

• Informative
Reactions: ra88it
2008 Roadster price reduced to $55,000
· Garaged in Austin TX
· Upgraded Xenon headlights
· Premium JVC 6-speaker system w/internal HD for mp3 storage
· Body color Carbon Fiber hardtop
· New soft top w/case
· Carbon Fiber accents on driver and passenger side dash
· Tesla Motors custom car cover
· Tesla branded floor mats
· Tesla logo heated leather seats
· Air Conditioning
· Power Windows and locks
· Alarm system
· Valet Mode
· Cruise control
· Upgraded trunk liner with light
· Alloy wheels
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System
· Regenerative braking system
· 110v and 240v charge cables
· 50Kw Battery, range: Std 130, Long 175
· Newly rebuilt Power Electronics Module
51,000 mi

Now listed online at Auto Trader. New MY is being configured!

Hi Sig72,

That car is 6 miles from me...
At slightly over 4000 miles it is more of a garage queen than mine is...
I hope to look at it in late April - He took good care of his cars...

If you care to look deeper into the listings there are at least 2 Mclarens...!!!

Shawn
McLarens property tax in VA be like VA giving me KY jelly and smiling. No thank you sir.

Roadster Sport # 1038 will be listed soon for sale. Listing here first:

I am the second owner of this lightning green roadster that I have enjoyed for 3 years.. Recent knee surgery has kept me from using my roadster so it is time sell.
All records from 2012. 1038 has been serviced regularly. Last service at the Baltimore SC in January 2020. No problems found. New coolant and brake fluid. The service warning still comes up so I will need to return to have it cancelled.
Current mileage: 26,815
CAC was 150.7 measured a few months ago. During the summer standard charge is 183 miles. Falls during the winter to 177.

Executive black interior
All carbon fiber accents
CF hardtop with Tesla soft case
Sony receiver with Apple Carplay
Complete second set of roadster black forged alloy wheels
Tesla car cover
Can Sr and Can Jr Hc Sharp adapters
120v and 240v charging adapters
2 piece brake brake disc replacement set goes with the car. Never had time/energy to replace the originals.
Complete set of pictures and service records link to Google drive below
Price: $62000.00
Tesla Roadster Sport 1038 - Google Drive

05 Passenger side rear quarter 2.jpg
02Front hight.jpg
06 Passenger side front quarter.jpg
16 Dashboard from above 2.jpg

02Front hight.jpg

02Front hight.jpg

I think maybe #1038 was actually a dealer/demo car in NYC for a while before it was sold to "first" owner.
Then I think it went to California, and then back to the east coast again.
Dealer cars are a mixed bag. On the one hand, it probably had a lot of drivers trying it out for the first time, on the other hand, Tesla would want the best of everything (all options) on the demo cars, and it probably got all updates and careful look overs by the service crew back then.

P1038-1.jpg

P1038-2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Gremlin
TEG You are correct 1038 resided both in New York and California. It was jointly by a father and son. The father who lived in New York transferred the car to his son who lives in California. As you can see by the service records it was consistently and carefully maintained throughout its life. The first owners were older and the car saw relatively benign service.