Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there's another consideration. Tesla has never been thrilled about supporting the original Roadster. Elon has said many disparaging things about the car. They could be buying them back to (1) spur trade-ins on modern Teslas and (2) get them off the road so they don't need to support them anymore. Parts are just a secondary benefit.

Crazy change. I asked them for a trade-in quote when I was buying my Model 3 performance in 2018. I think they quoted me 30k or 40k for a 2010 Sport with ~25k miles.

Crazy change. I asked them for a trade-in quote when I was buying my Model 3 performance in 2018. I think they quoted me 30k or 40k for a 2010 Sport with ~25k miles.

Oh yeah, they low-ball the offer, no doubt. But that's consistent with how they do the other Teslas too. I considered trading in my Model S 70D for a 100D, but they were offering such a shitty trade-in, I just bought the 100D and sold the 70D on the private market. They also low-balled the Model X when I wanted to sell that as well. So the low-ball offer on a Roadster is consistent with their modus operandi. Doesn't mean they would prefer not to have to service them! :)

• Informative
Reactions: RobsJester
With the only 2 R80s in the world for sale right now, the higher the price for defective-battery 2.0's and 2.5,s the better!
Make an offer while you can because I might change my mind. Would like to buy some stocks right now so I can buy a new Roadster AND an old one with that money when it comes out

I agree. The exterior CF can polished and it'll look just fine. The battery issue I'm sure Gruber's can fix. And the tires for the roadster are cheap; my Model S with staggered 21 inch wheels cost $800 out the door for all 4--roadster tires are probably much cheaper. At under $60K after everything is said and done is a bargain!

Fallen
I just put new tires on my model S and I think I was at $800 for the rubber alone. Not sure how you managed 800 out the door, where was that?
And groupers prices on the tires were unbeatable for yokohama's they ran around 750 dollars for all four.[/QU
Falken FK510--I got mine here in So Cal at Tucker Tire in Laguna Niguel--use them for years. But you can also order them at Tire Rack.