Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If mine still yields 135 miles after 137K I'd be happy. Hopefully they'll be a 3.0 battery by then.
You don't want the 3.0 upgrade. You'd likely want this 3.5/4.0/whatever they're calling it.

What I find interesting is that from 122k to 137k the car didn't lose much range. Remember 135 ideal isn't real world 135, I would have to look back at the actual daily mileage the owner quoted to me, but the concern was that it wouldn't be a good fit for my needs.

Reactions: drewski
I can personally vouch for 1349, having seen it in person last year. Not to mention it is meticulously cared for by a very knowledgeable owner. It’s also one of maybe three Roadsters that has an integrated Tesla II charge port, which the current S, X, 3 & Y vehicles use. No need for a CAN SR adapter.
you never cease to amaze me with the knowledge you have on Roadsters! Thanks.

Reactions: DeedWest
Oh daaaammnnnnn. I'm in love, with the color. My version of very orange. Sorry not paying 70K for Roadster that need new PEM / ESS and bushings etc. Thanks guys.

I think it’s a perfectly reasonable price for a late-VIN 2011 2.5 Sport that’s been maintained by a trustworthy owner. In my experience, you are safer buying a Roadster with higher mileage than a garage queen. But that is only my $0.02.

2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
5YJRE11B381000468
Mileage: 137,000
Price: $42,500 USD BIN + Make Offer
Electric Blue 1.5 in Silver Spring, MD up for auction on eBay. Silver forged rims, soft top, xenons, Premium(?) orange/red int, infotainment pkg.

View attachment 552042
Again, does anyone know if this is the original battery with the 137k miles?

Also, is there a "Classifieds" section here for other Tesla models?

He will NEVER see a car I own.
The lack of attention to detail to come out of that shop in recent months is atrocious.

Michael, please elaborate. Anyone that has had their car here knows if we make mistakes we will make it right. Have you ever paid for work to be done here? Or are we talking about a car you came here to look at and the owner had put the wrong information in the ad and had assumed we did that work? By all means, don't hide behind your alias, open up the door, and come out and reveal who you are and what your issues are.

Reactions: DeedWest
Hansjorg in Germany has crossed 350k miles. Driving with a3rd battery now. I am at 260k miles with a pack that did 235k miles and is of age of 8 years. Now down to CAC 90. Desperately waiting 2,5 years for a new battery but no response.
Note that charging time has increased due to internal resistance in the battery, also higher consumption (+5%). Lower power output, in winter at full charge max 125kW.

• Informative
Reactions: drewski
I think it’s a perfectly reasonable price for a late-VIN 2011 2.5 Sport that’s been maintained by a trustworthy owner. In my experience, you are safer buying a Roadster with higher mileage than a garage queen. But that is only my $0.02.

I happened to have called East Coast Dealers a day after Vin #1347 was sold. My first loss on a Roadster. #1347 had like 800 miles on it, R80 pack, great paint job (red with double white strips) for under 70K. True it's base Roadster.

Vin #1353 was White Roadster Sport R80 with 9800 miles on it, that went for 74K. So that is where I am coming from.

I happened to run into the current owner of #1347 Roadster Facebook group. I told her she beat me as in a day or two. D'ght. I have to lay money down for three Powerballs, trust me wasn't a want, which diverted MS pay off funds. Sigh.
Today's Roadster Orphan

Last edited: