Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Accident reported.

upload_2020-9-4_18-57-58.png
upload_2020-9-4_18-57-58.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I’m a long-time TSLA investor and Tesla owner (2013 S (sold), 2018 3 and 2020 Y), and I recently bought a 2010 Roadster. I live near Vancouver, BC and I will be getting it shipped to me from Ontario in early October.

First time owning a Roadster and this one has been very well looked after with upgrades and accessories (4 different roof options) - just wanted to introduce myself and I may have some questions and need advice once I get the car.

Do people take their Roadster to Tesla once per year for service check-ups?

Is there a specific forum or thread for Canadians with Roadsters? I looked but couldn’t find one. I don’t imagine there are many of us but I have seen an orange one around Vancouver a couple times in the past.

Last edited:
Depends on how big tour tool kit is, if it’s what ever you can borrow from your neighbors then get friendly with the service center because you will be paying for their vacations. If you can follow instructions then the basic service involves cleaning the PEM. Unlike other Tesla products they house nearly all the components in one box. Keeping that cool is premium. So removing the PEM, cleaning the contact pins for the fans and making sure the dust and leaves are removed will save you money and sleepless nights. The charger, control unit and power modules are all housed in that air cooled box so treat that part well and you are good. As for Canadian Roadster clubs, would be a pretty poor attendance. I think there’s about 50 floating around the North.

Hi everyone,

I’m a long-time TSLA investor and Tesla owner (2013 S (sold), 2018 3 and 2020 Y), and I recently bought a 2010 Roadster. I live near Vancouver, BC and I will be getting it shipped to me from Ontario in early October.

First time owning a Roadster and this one has been very well looked after with upgrades and accessories (4 different roof options) - just wanted to introduce myself and I may have some questions and need advice once I get the car.

Do people take their Roadster to Tesla once per year for service check-ups?

Is there a specific forum or thread for Canadians with Roadsters? I looked but couldn’t find one. I don’t imagine there are many of us but I have seen an orange one around Vancouver a couple times in the past.

What's your VIN number? I used to own #919, though last I heard it was at a dealership in Quebec.

Depends on how big tour tool kit is, if it’s what ever you can borrow from your neighbors then get friendly with the service center because you will be paying for their vacations. If you can follow instructions then the basic service involves cleaning the PEM. Unlike other Tesla products they house nearly all the components in one box. Keeping that cool is premium. So removing the PEM, cleaning the contact pins for the fans and making sure the dust and leaves are removed will save you money and sleepless nights. The charger, control unit and power modules are all housed in that air cooled box so treat that part well and you are good. As for Canadian Roadster clubs, would be a pretty poor attendance. I think there’s about 50 floating around the North.
Thanks for the info. Is there a website or place here that gives detailed instructions for how to do this?