Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's your VIN number? I used to own #919, though last I heard it was at a dealership in Quebec.

Hello Doug! Thought I would fall in as the new owner of #919. Car is indeed titled in Quebec, Canada, and is a true joy to drive.

I wish to thank you for obviously taking good care of it, as I’m doing now... I also want to thank all forum users, as as long time lurker.

By all means, do get in touch with me if you ever drive by Trois-Rivieres - Roadster or no Roadster - as everyone here seems nice :)

Safe « motoring » everyone,

David

2011 Roadster Base
Vin 1253
Mileage 41,000
Asking Price $95,000
Exterior Orange
Interior Tan

Posted on Auotrader

Attachments

• roadster orange.jpg
    roadster orange.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 111
We are entering interesting territory...is it a flip, or is it the new market value? With zero Roadsters for sale, the market is what it is.

In my opinion, our cars have been undervalued for the past few years. Though I will never personally sell mine, it’ll be great to see values rise on these rare vehicles. After all, there are less and less on the road as time goes on.

As for 1253 listed above, I spent time with the owner in the Bay Area last summer. It’s a beautiful car and in great shape for any interested parties.

Reactions: Sig72 and dhrivnak
Hello Doug! Thought I would fall in as the new owner of #919. Car is indeed titled in Quebec, Canada, and is a true joy to drive.

I wish to thank you for obviously taking good care of it, as I’m doing now... I also want to thank all forum users, as as long time lurker.

By all means, do get in touch with me if you ever drive by Trois-Rivieres - Roadster or no Roadster - as everyone here seems nice :)

Safe « motoring » everyone,

David

That's great to hear that Tessie has a new home!

I hope you'll post some pics.

Seeing a bunch of the reasonably priced roadsters that recently sold being flipped on eBay and other places. Makes me sad that people are speculating with these cars instead of buying them to own them. I think it started after that article on VIN #2500 selling for a million.

Still looking for one to own, love and drive either in US or Europe, if anyone is selling, please let me know.

Nick Reva here

Im the one day buyer. Had to jump on it for an equitable price. The car is beyond immaculate. My friend in Michigan inspected her in person on Monday. Even includes all the new owner swag box and an extra set of wheels (going to Carl already)
Roadster docs - Google Drive
Hi Nick . . . just watched Carl's video of your roadster. Congratulations.

It's in perfect condition, just curious what are you having done?

Seeing a bunch of the reasonably priced roadsters that recently sold being flipped on eBay and other places. Makes me sad that people are speculating with these cars instead of buying them to own them. I think it started after that article on VIN #2500 selling for a million.

Still looking for one to own, love and drive either in US or Europe, if anyone is selling, please let me know.

I've been toying with selling, but I'm not there yet. Also, because of the various "upgrades" I've put into the car, I think I would be one of those people asking too much. Perhaps not "lost mind" territory, but higher than most folks on the forums will want, I suspect.

2008 Tesla Roadster
#379 is still for sale in California. 500+ days on the market.
$42k and 53,712 mileage. Has anyone seen it in person? I'm curious why it hasn't sold. It can't be just because of the high mileage and less desirable color? Maybe its my own rationalization at work, but there has to be something else wrong. Salvage title? Dying battery? Maybe someone can visit the dealer and pull the logs?

2008 Tesla Roadster
$42k and 53,712 mileage. Has anyone seen it in person? I'm curious why it hasn't sold. It can't be just because of the high mileage and less desirable color? Maybe its my own rationalization at work, but there has to be something else wrong. Salvage title? Dying battery? Maybe someone can visit the dealer and pull the logs?
Yes, something else has to be amiss. Very Orange can't bee that undesirable (I was torn between Very Orange and Electric Blue myself). GIven my 2011 Roadster Sport has about 80K miles, it can't be due to high milage either! ;)

It can't be because it isn't a 2.5 (at least I hope not).

I suspect there is more to the story...

2008 Tesla Roadster
It has sold. Still on their website but I called them a couple months ago and the car sold. It is no longer on autotrader or any other site.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
2011 Roadster Sport R80
VIN:
N/A
Mileage: 12,427 mi / 20,000 km
Price: $90,108 USD / $119,999 CAD

Jet(?) Black 3.0 Sport for sale in Pointe aux Roches, Ontario. Black forged rims, soft top, hard top, xenons(?), Premium Black / Light Gray Rally One int, infotainment pkg, ESS upgrade.

56a7dbc1-db1e-4edf-b5a1-2a8dc1ae228f.JPG

Attachments

• 787c3ad2-0fe8-4605-a523-6df8da4c258b.JPG
    787c3ad2-0fe8-4605-a523-6df8da4c258b.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 66
  • ce86bd97-1ccd-4145-ae76-65436fca2a19.JPG
    ce86bd97-1ccd-4145-ae76-65436fca2a19.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 9d9a3d6f-1156-4f1d-acd2-db0772ca8db7.JPG
    9d9a3d6f-1156-4f1d-acd2-db0772ca8db7.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Gremlin