Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hammered at $125K
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 1.05.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 1.05.46 PM.png

Reactions: IslandRoadster
It's going to be a fun one to watch for sure. Most importantly, let's hope whomever gets it addresses the R80 rear badge placement and moves it to the opposite side ;)

I'm done looking. I lost out on my last bid, get solar shingles next summer. The car sold for 140,625 (includes the 12.5 premium). Getting a Roadster II, contribute to my stock play account.

47a93ddbdf3609c1c17edc3258ce13c8d30d59b2.jpg

View attachment 600079

Roadster 3.0

333b5553_zpslfuuixxu-jpg.234453
It's going to be a fun one to watch for sure. Most importantly, let's hope whomever gets it addresses the R80 rear badge placement and moves it to the opposite side ;)

47a93ddbdf3609c1c17edc3258ce13c8d30d59b2.jpg

View attachment 600079

Roadster 3.0

333b5553_zpslfuuixxu-jpg.234453

The color was apparently called “Tag Heuer Midnight Pendulum Gray” and was a custom paint job made for that purpose.

@TEG - 745 is a Sterling Silver 2.0 Sport.

On a side note - that gauge cluster is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. I want one.
on another note: Drewski, man you were right. You hit gold brother. Sotheby's lot #1248 damn, still have a bad taste in my mouth.

Reactions: drewski

I'm surprised by the facts about the battery. They state the battery was "replaced by Tesla in May 2019", but that CAC is only 113Ah. Either that's a lot of degradation in 18 months or Tesla installed a bad battery? Or could it be heavily out of balance?

It also says there is battery warranty from Tesla until May 2022 - would this kick in if the CAC degrades further?

I'm surprised by the facts about the battery. They state the battery was "replaced by Tesla in May 2019", but that CAC is only 113Ah. Either that's a lot of degradation in 18 months or Tesla installed a bad battery? Or could it be heavily out of balance?

It also says there is battery warranty from Tesla until May 2022 - would this kick in if the CAC degrades further?
since it was replaced in 2019 and they supposedly don't have any new packs, I'm sure they just replaced it with a "remanufactured battery". Aka a battery out of a traded in roadster they are parting out or maybe a previously defective battery they were able to snip a few bad cells from.

since it was replaced in 2019 and they supposedly don't have any new packs, I'm sure they just replaced it with a "remanufactured battery". Aka a battery out of a traded in roadster they are parting out or maybe a previously defective battery they were able to snip a few bad cells from.
Got it - that would make sense. Still seems one of the lower CACs around - it appears there are a number of us (myself included) who are still in the 140s. I seem to remember that cars like this went in the 30s two years ago.

#682. I have no affiliation. Owner must have seen the auction and thought, “what the hell? Run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes!” IMHO its way over priced. Although it’s only worth what the market will pay. But for a non Sport? Pass.