Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay. Im moving forward with the 2010 Base Model. 84k cad. So, about 64k usd. Shipping to California will cost 3-4k cad. im making a 5k cad deposit tomorrow.
do you guys think the price is reasonable?
Btw, he does not have the hard top :(

Price is very reasonable for a base 2010 - looks right on the money and good mileage! The last picture of the door sills do not look good at all; the drivers side looks absolutely worn down but should not hold back from buying the car.

Door Sills | Medlock & Sons

With that said did you request more interior shots? Pictures like these they are hiding more things such as potential scratches, dent, paint issues, chips, interior issues, Things like these they should have included.

But since it's a roadster with not a lot of mileage on it I suppose the car would be in great condition.

What does the car charge to in standard mode?

Last edited:
I only had a model 3. Kind of new at this. Once the got the roadster, i should check the battery status. Anything else i should be aware of? Btw, Where can i get a black hard top.

According to the dealer, the had tesla perform a battery check. Tesla said the battery is healthy and they also replaced a set of new tire.

I think you’re making a great choice! Starting with a low mileage car will make it feel like your own. Great price, even if it does have some minor wear & tear (these cars are 10+ years old at this point).

As for hard top, while it did state that on the window sticker, it’s possible it was taken off of the car prior to original delivery. If I were in California, I’d personally never wear a hard top. Driving topless in these cars is the true experience it was designed for - especially when you have relatively perfect weather. I would just make sure the vehicle comes with its soft top.

An easy estimated health check is a photo of the car’s screen after it finishes charging in Standard Mode.

Okay. Im moving forward with the 2010 Base Model. 84k cad. So, about 64k usd. Shipping to California will cost 3-4k cad. im making a 5k cad deposit tomorrow.
do you guys think the price is reasonable?
Btw, he does not have the hard top :(
One thing I would check on is to have the seller grab a copy of the logs. 4GB or less USB stick with "VehicleLogs" (case sensitive) directory at the root. Stick it in the USB port under the center console and wait ~30 min...

There are viewers posted (search for VMSParser.exe). Running the parser will tell you the charge / drive history, and the battery's CAC. Use the -p command line option to view the errors logged; there will be lots - most are transient and normal. But look in particular for 1144 and 1146, which indicate the PEM Fan connector is having trouble.

Price is very reasonable for a base 2010 - looks right on the money and good mileage! The last picture of the door sills do not look good at all; the drivers side looks absolutely worn down but should not hold back from buying the car.
Yes, my door sills did the same. I was able to grab Tesla CF sills before they were gone, but yeah, I would get the Medlock ones.

Reactions: DeedWest
Honestly, it is kind of too late for asking more stuff. But, the good news is the car dealer went to Tesla for service inspection end of Sept. the battery is healthy and the only issue is the charger able not working. He said he will include an aftermarket cable for me.

he also shared there is only one car key. how much does it cost to get a spare key from tesla service center?

Vehicle currently has 17655kms. Sale will include 1 key, 4 new Toyo tires (just mounted), charging cable adapter (to use with current generic chargers) , Original Charging cable (not working, as per Tesla), Aftermarket Charging cable (brand new, generic level 1 charging cable). ”

im going to try to ask for more doc. I paid 10k cad cc deposit and will wire the rest later on. Hopefully shipment will not cost too much

Honestly, it is kind of too late for asking more stuff. But, the good news is the car dealer went to Tesla for service inspection end of Sept. the battery is healthy and the only issue is the charger able not working. He said he will include an aftermarket cable for me.

he also shared there is only one car key. how much does it cost to get a spare key from tesla service center?

Vehicle currently has 17655kms. Sale will include 1 key, 4 new Toyo tires (just mounted), charging cable adapter (to use with current generic chargers) , Original Charging cable (not working, as per Tesla), Aftermarket Charging cable (brand new, generic level 1 charging cable). ”

im going to try to ask for more doc. I paid 10k cad cc deposit and will wire the rest later on. Hopefully shipment will not cost too much

You can order a set of two key remotes with the programming tool for around $283 thru your service center. I just did this on mine. That price does not include having the keys cut, but you shouldn’t have trouble finding an automotive shop nearby that does this.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
For charging just get the later UMC240 and a Can Sr adaptor, set for life. Or add in an open evse to the broken charger cable.

^^This.
If you have still own your model 3, its mobile charger (or Tesla's wall charger for that matter), using the CanSr from Henry Sharp is your cleanest and simplest option for charging the roadster. The "charging cable adapter (to use with current generic chargers)" will likely allow you to connect to standard J1772 chargers if you were using one of those at home for your model 3, this would also be an option.

I just sold my model 3 but we are looking into mode Y. My wife works for tesla and she gets free full self driving software. We are waiting for employee promo, which happened before. Then, we will install the 220 charging system in the garage. Will the 2010 roadster support that?

I got some new photos :)

Attachments

• C6E22A91-CEAC-46FA-BF8B-A299CB90389C.jpeg
    C6E22A91-CEAC-46FA-BF8B-A299CB90389C.jpeg
    814.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 358CEDDE-CF08-49F0-924E-1A83DDBF99A8.jpeg
    358CEDDE-CF08-49F0-924E-1A83DDBF99A8.jpeg
    759.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 982E4EFE-E4A4-4D05-877C-0EEA18142693.jpeg
    982E4EFE-E4A4-4D05-877C-0EEA18142693.jpeg
    597.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 767E5084-1011-4208-AE87-5FAC7B2FC676.jpeg
    767E5084-1011-4208-AE87-5FAC7B2FC676.jpeg
    648.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I just sold my model 3 but we are looking into mode Y. My wife works for tesla and she gets free full self driving software. We are waiting for employee promo, which happened before. Then, we will install the 220 charging system in the garage. Will the 2010 roadster support that?

If you're referring to the wall connector, then yes. Through the CAN-SR adapter, up to 70A is possible.

Reactions: dhrivnak
This is currently the setup I have with my roadster and model Y. I have the mobile charging cable plugged into the 220V wall and swap between the Y/roadster daily as needed. CAN-SR is the key to support the roadster in this scenario. The CAN-SR allows use of destination chargers for the roadster in the wild as well...

I have a wall charger ready to install, but waiting on determining the final/correct location to run the line. Then, most likely, the current location of the 220V plug reverts back to charging the roadster with its cable/plugs.