Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it interesting, what's going on in Germany?

Her is one in Bavaria, Germany:
2012 Roadster
VIN: EU#1005
Mileage: 33000 km
Price: €95000
Magma Orange, Leather in two tone colour

$_59.JPG

and another one:
2010 Roadster
Mileage: 193000 km
CAC: 119 Ah
Price: €59900
Brilliant Yellow, Leather black/Yellow
Following work has been done recently:
- motor and transmission new 05/2015 163tkm
- 400V control unit new 01/2017 183tkm
- PEM replacement of isolation foil 07/2017 186tkm
- air conditioning condenser new 05/2018 190tkm
- 2 Bilstein shock absorber refurbished at Bilstein 05/2018 190tkm
- Manifold ESS new 05/2018 190tkm
- Battery repair: all sheets removed and all riveted connections reworked 05/2018 190tkm

$_59.JPG
God I love Magma Orange are there any forums about importing European roadster to USA?

I thought about importing one from Europe or Asia. They seem cheaper. (I dont think Asia value tesla roadster much) But, the risk is kind of high, especially in California. I dont want to ended with a car not allow to register here or got scam. Thus, i imported one from canada car dealer. Maybe it will make sense for me to import a special one from Europe or Asia when the car hit the 25 years mark?

379 is STILL sitting at that dealer in Rancho Santa Fe. Considering Roadster prices have been going up, I'm surprised it's still there. Then again, I know nothing about Roadsters and this is a 1.0.
It should be a 1.5 as I am not aware of any 1.0 versions. And the PEMS, TPMS, cooling and connections are much better in the 1.5 version in my humble opinion.

Received the canada roadster and also tested the charging cable. Super happy :)

I have 2 small questions.
Does the JvC support Bluetooth audio?
I think there is a small camera at the back kf the bumper. If so, how to turn it on?

Attachments

• 761F8CE0-4825-4CC2-ADB2-33B863106546.jpeg
    761F8CE0-4825-4CC2-ADB2-33B863106546.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 1A534958-C1EB-4873-BC0A-C36E47BF649F.jpeg
    1A534958-C1EB-4873-BC0A-C36E47BF649F.jpeg
    422.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 6C8BC5D2-EE28-4D3B-A334-D5BEDFC55C8B.jpeg
    6C8BC5D2-EE28-4D3B-A334-D5BEDFC55C8B.jpeg
    482.6 KB · Views: 77
  • FB58F267-6931-4781-AB42-E1033F45207D.jpeg
    FB58F267-6931-4781-AB42-E1033F45207D.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 65
  • EB24E10D-9FC1-4CF2-BC97-EB819E9FD9EC.jpeg
    EB24E10D-9FC1-4CF2-BC97-EB819E9FD9EC.jpeg
    717 KB · Views: 65
Congrats @unixphone! Keep the photos coming! And yes, the KD-NX5000 should support Bluetooth but is allegedly somewhat notorious for being unreliable. The camera is aftermarket and may be hardwired to the head unit. Others who have done a similar mod on their 1.5/2.0s would know better than me.

Odd that your 2.0 has a KD-NX5000. Most have the later version, the NXD505, but I presume they're similar. The 505, at least, does the Bluetooth, Sirius Satellite, and iPod interfaces through a series of external pods that are daisy chained from a port on the back. Physically, they're tucked behind the body panel to the left of the driver's side foot well. Hard to get to. Being a daisy chain, if one of the units fails, the rest in the chain will have trouble. I had no end of trouble with the BT interface, and found that it was second in the chain to the (apparently flaky) Satellite module, so I swapped the position of two. That helped. The connectors are also ill-suited for the purpose; just PS/2-type mini-DIN, so sometimes all it takes is physically re-seating them to make things work. The iPod module has to be last in the chain, BTW, as it doesn't have a down-stream port to it.

The 505 (and I presume the 5000) has a port on the back for the backup camera, which is configured by the front panel. It can be enabled to turn on when in Reverse, or whenever you switch to it. It's a regular video port, so can be used for almost any video signal. I have my in-car Raspberry Pi connected to the port, since I don't have the camera. As noted by @Roadster, the 2.0 camera would be an after-market; I believe they became standard with the 2.5 and the double-DIN Alpine dash unit.

I notice there is an apple 30 pin connector next to the handbrake. Is that for music or charging only? I am thinking get an adapter to charge my new iphone there.

do you guys think bestbuy knows how to install new multi media navigation system on the roadster? Maybe i can get a new system with car play support and ask them to fix the backup camera as well.

Last edited:
I notice there is an apple 30 pin connector next to the handbrake. Is that for music or charging only? I am thinking get an adapter to charge my new iphone there.

do you guys think bestbuy knows how to install new multi media navigation system on the roadster? Maybe i can get a new system with car play support and ask them to fix the backup camera as well.

I think the connector next to the handbrake is for music. I have the same connector but don't have any apple products...

I would not entrust BestBuy with making that type swap. Not likely they would EVER have seen one before. Probably more expertise on this board and perhaps near you to help with it, or find someone who has done similar work...

Congrats on finally getting it in your hands...

Do not take your Tesla roadster to best buy lol.. that's pretty funny I had a good chuckle; I won't let anyone touch my car; let alone bb.

The apple cable in your center dock is a iPod usb cable; it's wired through a external usb adapter that is inside the inner left door well which then is running up to the receiver. which I'm sure you are not going to get to.

I would just leave it. Unless you can take your car to Home - Executive Motorwerkz Javier is the only person I would allow to upgrade the stereo since he was a former Tesla tech.

Or Medlockandsons.com but you would have to ship your car; or you can probably order the double din conversion kit from Medlock and have Javier install it; this is your best bet.