Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Extra credit if you restomod the pump into an L2 EVSE and convert the mechanical meters to read Wh and Amps :cool:

---------------

And, of course... some folks have already done that :D

Tesla gas pump – MetalWorks Classics Auto Restoration & Speed Shop - MetalWorks Classic Auto Restoration & Speed Shop

tesla-gas-pump-charging-station-red-assembly-62.jpg

tesla-gas-pump-charging-station-red-assembly-38-rotated.jpg

EV Charger in an old Gas Pump – MatthiasM.com

20141107_145105-e1509729010897.jpg

20141014_160624.jpg

Last edited:
Extra credit if you restomod the pump into an L2 EVSE and convert the mechanical meters to read Wh and Amps :cool:

---------------

Next best thing. It’s an AM/FM stereo with Bluetooth:)07B1C1F2-D0E0-49D0-AB78-79FE19921E3E.jpeg

And, of course... some folks have already done that :D

Tesla gas pump – MetalWorks Classics Auto Restoration & Speed Shop - MetalWorks Classic Auto Restoration & Speed Shop

View attachment 640746

View attachment 640745

EV Charger in an old Gas Pump – MatthiasM.com

View attachment 640747

View attachment 640748

^^^ Lots of red flags on that one. eBayer has no history... Pics of car are of European Sig 250 #68 yet says it is a USA listing, etc, etc.

5YJRE6A10A1000938 is an electric blue from Canada, but doesn't look like that European Roadster.

Images were swiped from here:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Man I'm real tempted (URL embedded in tempted comment below). For those without Macs (translation is awesome) below is the translation:

No realistic price evaluation possible.
mobile.de only evaluates the price of a vehicle if enough comparative data is available. If this is not the case - because too few comparable vehicles have been advertised in the past - mobile.de cannot carry out a realistic price evaluation.
More information

Vehicle description according to the provider​

I need space - that's why this beautiful and well-kept Tesla Roadsterlady in Fusion Red unfortunately has to go.
The roadster is accident-free and checkbook maintained. Annual service at Tesla with proof.
Excellent battery CAC value of 148.5. Everything around this CAC value is a very good battery condition after 10 years.
The displayed "Ideal Range" value according to a standard charge (up to 85%) is 285 km!
The roadster is sold with the following significant upgrades/accessories.
The headlights were replaced by xenon headlights at TESLA at the end of 2014.
Engine and transmission were re-mounted in 2015
In 2016, LOTUS carried out a "chassis Fresh Up" on the ring for Euro 7000, incl. Lotus Toe Link Kit and new brake system KoBra4 (invoice, documentation/registration available)
In 2017, the heating box and blower were renewed at Tesla
2020 new PEM upgrade and new 400V controller at GS TECHNOLOGY, Switzerland.
(Attention: These two features are unfortunately known breaking points on the Tesla Roadster and an absolute must for exchange/upgrade! Note: Do not buy a roadster where this was not carried out, if not; add Euro 10,000 to the purchase)
The Roadster comes 8-fold tires on original Tesla rims.
Latest GPS update
Soft Top and Carbon Hard Top in original Tesla Storage Bag
The Roadster vehicle has been retrofitted with "OVMS" (complete Vehicle telemetry monitoring via APP)
Charging cable: mobile original Tesla Schuko charger with cable; mobile original Tesla 32A high current charger with cable
HC Sharp Type2 charging adapter
On request, all service invoices, documents, etc. will be made available in digital form upon purchase.Tempted

Last edited:
I do not agree with Xlr8 on the color combination. I do not like the color nor the combination. But ... @Gremlin: stop torturing yourselves and just take the bite on your temptation. The Roadster is the most fun there is on four wheels. It isn't the best in acceleration anymore, it isn't a comfortable car, it isn't capable of supercharging, it isn't capable of self driving, it doesn't have the best range, and I skip another not bests. But it is (one of) the best in fun driving,

And as to the color and/or color combination, if you would agree with my view on that one: take a look at Guy de Maupassant's view on the Eiffel Tower. It doesn't apply 1:1 on a car, but the looks of a car in terms of colors aren't that important in my view.

Anyhow, I would not sell my Roadster for a million. I don't want to miss it for a single day. € 80,000 is an awful lot of money. Until you take a drive ...

Ohw: I do not know the car, the owner nor the seller. I do not have any interest in the car or the seller. The above is my personal opinion, free of interests in anything other than to promote the Roadster as a car in general.

^^^ Lots of red flags on that one. eBayer has no history... Pics of car are of European Sig 250 #68 yet says it is a USA listing, etc, etc.

5YJRE6A10A1000938 is an electric blue from Canada, but doesn't look like that European Roadster.

Images were swiped from here:
2010 Tesla Roadster | eBay
This listing describes #938 as "4WD". Pretty sure it isn't! I do like the non-metallic paint though.
I’m proud to say that 938 is now off the market 😁 After much deliberation, I pulled the trigger on it. Will be about a month before I can pick it up due to a variety of factors. Can’t wait to get in the seat though.