Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not agree with Xlr8 on the color combination. I do not like the color nor the combination. But ... @Gremlin: stop torturing yourselves and just take the bite on your temptation. The Roadster is the most fun there is on four wheels. It isn't the best in acceleration anymore, it isn't a comfortable car, it isn't capable of supercharging, it isn't capable of self driving, it doesn't have the best range, and I skip another not bests. But it is (one of) the best in fun driving,

And as to the color and/or color combination, if you would agree with my view on that one: take a look at Guy de Maupassant's view on the Eiffel Tower. It doesn't apply 1:1 on a car, but the looks of a car in terms of colors aren't that important in my view.

Anyhow, I would not sell my Roadster for a million. I don't want to miss it for a single day. € 80,000 is an awful lot of money. Until you take a drive ...

Ohw: I do not know the car, the owner nor the seller. I do not have any interest in the car or the seller. The above is my personal opinion, free of interests in anything other than to promote the Roadster as a car in general.
It sold

It seems like Peter Gruber is the only place to buy original roadster now. What do you guys think?

Medlocks have a few for sale. Actually for sale from them and not consignment. With current pricing buyers either need to know the car personally or buy one directly from Pete or Carl. An overlook of an issue can get spendy!

It seems like Peter Gruber is the only place to buy original roadster now. What do you guys think?

While that seems like the only site with public listings, I wouldn't necessarily consider most of those for sale (except for the Glacier Blue R80). If anything, they seem to be designed for increasing website traffic due to the asking prices.

I have had a few owners reach out to me after helping @Bunnak sell his 1339, so I may be listing one or two here shortly. There's nothing I love more than finding a good home for a Roadster at a realistic price.

While that seems like the only site with public listings, I wouldn't necessarily consider most of those for sale (except for the Glacier Blue R80). If anything, they seem to be designed for increasing website traffic due to the asking prices.

I have had a few owners reach out to me after helping @Bunnak sell his 1339, so I may be listing one or two here shortly. There's nothing I love more than finding a good home for a Roadster at a realistic price.
Well said. If I was in charge of that site I would allow pricing for 90 days and then require a drop in pricing or remove the listing. Stale and unrealistic pricing doesn’t look good.

Reactions: Gremlin
Medlocks have a few for sale. Actually for sale from them and not consignment. With current pricing buyers either need to know the car personally or buy one directly from Pete or Carl. An overlook of an issue can get spendy!
I personally own 6 and they will be for sale eventually. I never have needed to list the cars I have.

Attachments

• UA7QWTiDOQ8.jpg
    UA7QWTiDOQ8.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 41
  • tesla-roadster-crop-1.CUNGU6fyu.jpg
    tesla-roadster-crop-1.CUNGU6fyu.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 36
  • tesla-roadster-crop.ltpLA2Css.jpg
    tesla-roadster-crop.ltpLA2Css.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

DeedWest, my mother's mortgage should be paid come Dec (paying two mortgages) so tapped out until then. Only owe 7k on my S (would have been gone arleady if not paying another mortgage). Keep us posted please I am on the look out.

Fully charged it’s at 139 so probably close to CAC 135-140 which is not outstanding but certainly very useable. The car turns out very nice so like everyone else I’m thinking it’s going to be a 125,000 car. Which once again raises the valuation on everyone else’s car. I think I got mine at a pretty sweet spot and waited quite a while to grab the one I really wanted. I can’t imaging wanting one for a long time and watching the prices slowly climb out of reach.

Fully charged it’s at 139 so probably close to CAC 135-140 which is not outstanding but certainly very useable. The car turns out very nice so like everyone else I’m thinking it’s going to be a 125,000 car. Which once again raises the valuation on everyone else’s car. I think I got mine at a pretty sweet spot and waited quite a while to grab the one I really wanted. I can’t imaging wanting one for a long time and watching the prices slowly climb out of reach.
This can happen when you print trillions in confetti, confetti devalues…