Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 3 performance, and still prefer the roadster unless I'm driving on the highway for over an hour.
I was able to get my 2010 a one owner in Dec 2019 for $39,000.00. One of the best deals of my life. It sat on a Dealer's lot for over a year, I was scared to death the battery would be bricked, but the dealer said he plugged it in once a week. Got it and it showed a 164 miles on a standard charge and after leaving it plugged in 24/7 it went up to 182 miles on a standard charge, today it is at 181 miles.

Was this a good deal? 115k for 2.5 sport under 6k miles.

@GREML1N win this bid? or a different but similar name?

I think low mileage is overrated. It's all about the current range to see how the car was treated. Mine was low mileage (2450, now 6900) but had received a reman battery at some point. Good range on the current battery, so no big deal if it was not kept up prior to the battery exchange. Age is a factor and all roadsters are similar in age at this point.

Its possibly as good as you can get sans R80. Its got a great battery, its in amazing condition, the seats are killer looking, its a sport and if you wanted this configuration I doubt you could do better under 140k in the current climate. If the prices plateau its still a great car at this price point. I don't think many of us regret the price we paid, because it was market price at the time, we all enjoy these cars equally whatever the price tag was.

Reactions: Gremlin and eHorses

Looks like a very fair price for a very nice example.
Keep in mind it’s 115+5 = 120k total price. There is a 5% (up to a max of 5k) BaT fee the buyer covers.

@Gremlin perhaps, instead? Hoping your ship's finally come in if so!!!
Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 7.23.10 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: Gremlin

I think low mileage is overrated. It's all about the current range to see how the car was treated. Mine was low mileage (2450, now 6900) but had received a reman battery at some point. Good range on the current battery, so no big deal if it was not kept up prior to the battery exchange. Age is a factor and all roadsters are similar in age at this point.
that’s actually whats in my mind. Why the end price is only 115k? It looks like the mileage does not drive the sale price higher. But, the battery is healthy and condition is excellent.

One thing to note is that 180 miles of range is just in standard mode. This VIN 0996 probably still charges to 225 or more in Range Mode. Not a very knowledgeable description to leave out that detail. The CAC of 148.78Ah tells even more of the story.

Reactions: unixphone
that’s actually whats in my mind. Why the end price is only 115k? It looks like the mileage does not drive the sale price higher. But, the battery is healthy and condition is excellent.
The Lord is good! Here were my thoughts going in yesterday: 1176 R80 with 4283 miles -140K. 1393 R80 with 17492 miles - 112K, 1458 R80 19k miles -130k. I lost out of each of those cars. 966 no R80 pack. I've lost out on least 5-6 Roadsters to include 1211 couple of hours before the auction closed. Torqued!
I meant what I stated in the Facebook page, tired of missing out or Roadsters and wasn't going to lose another one. I am thankful to have found this (*&^ unicorn car. I am even more humbled by DeedWest and the rest of the comment like Holy *sugar* Gremlin did it lol. You guys are awesome. Thanks for making me feel welcomed last few years.

One thing to note is that 180 miles of range is just in standard mode. This VIN 0996 probably still charges to 225 or more in Range Mode. Not a very knowledgeable description to leave out that detail. The CAC of 148.78Ah tells even more of the story.
This site did not allow me to place a 1 before Gremlin. I'm always causing trouble or in trouble. Cause some good trouble like John Lewis stated :- )

(Not Mine)
2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
5YJRE11B081000024
Mileage: 30,000 km
Price: $600,000 kr (about $71k USD)

Very rare Tesla, US model from Sept 2008. Only driven in the summer, This is Roadster number 24 (No. 1 is owned by Elon and was launched by SpaceX). There is a plaque between the seats signed by those who built the car.

View attachment 676729

There are 5 Roadsters listed there, btw.
Carl Medlock has 1165 in his shop. The car is gorgeous too. That was my fall back plan after losing 1211.