Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is also important to note that Sig 24 was totaled, then purchased and imported to Europe where it was rebuilt. This explains why the Signature 100 badges are missing from the rear quarter panels.
Hi, Deedwest, I am new owner of a 2008 Roadster. I've started a google spreadsheet to keep track of all original roadsters I can find online as part of my search process. It looks like you have done something similar. Would love to connect with you to see if I can help contribute in some way. Thanks

Hi, Deedwest, I am new owner of a 2008 Roadster. I've started a google spreadsheet to keep track of all original roadsters I can find online as part of my search process. It looks like you have done something similar. Would love to connect with you to see if I can help contribute in some way. Thanks
Provide a picture and @DeedWest most likely tell you your VIN.... :)

Um, isn't @TEG the official Roadster historian?

Thanks. DeedWest is starting to give me a "run for my money" in getting his own list in shape and we have an informal competition going to see who can recognize random roadsters faster in photos that get posted online.

I think I have a lot more photos stored up of Roadsters, but he has more meticulous recordkeeping on interior color options.

We both have various online tricks we use to try to track things down, so one of us may do better than the other depending.

DeedWest also has the advantage of having owned multiple Roadsters, and currently owns 2 so he gets to spend time chatting with the service guys sometimes.

Anyone that wants to send me any Roadster info they have collected, please PM me and let me know. I love to add to my list. So far, DeedWest and I haven't merged our lists together. We each are doing our own things in parallel.

giphy.gif

It's been a long road folk, so forgive me for the celebration campaign. Lost out on 6 Roadsters bids. Hope you enjoy the video. 996 is now home. #996

Congrats! Looks like you scored a very nice example.
Obsidian black is one of my favorites. You don't have to keep cleaning it the way you do with jet black. It still looks nice even when a bit dusty.

Reactions: Gremlin
VIN 559 (5YJRE1A38A1000559, 2010 Roadster Sport, Very Orange over Orange/Black executive leather w/ carbon package) listed for sale by dealer in Nebraska.​
One owner, 6287 miles; asking $150,900.​

vp-75-5707985.jpg

VIN 559 (5YJRE1A38A1000559, 2010 Roadster Sport, Very Orange over Orange/Black executive leather w/ carbon package) listed for sale by dealer in Nebraska.​
One owner, 6287 miles; asking $150,900.​

vp-75-5707985.jpg

How did Tony Montana say it? Love that movie for my movies buffs...oh yeah fly Pelican fly.

VIN 304 (5YJRE11B681000304, 2008 Roadster w/ July 2021 R80 upgrade, Twilight Blue over gray leather) listed for auction on Cars and Bids by dealer in Florida.

One owner, 12,936 miles, auction ending 9/14/21.

s-0sC1idkW4f.Da9nDBHGD.jpeg

I bid on this up to $100k. Sold for $114k- buyer got a great deal IMO

Can I post my own Orphan? The kids are growing up and want to take friends along with them. We could use a 6-seater. So I have placed an order for a Plaid X. However, my wife doesn't want to give up her S100D. She hates the refresh landscape screen and yoke (TBH so do I, but I think the Plaid performance will help me get over it). Sadly, the Roadster will have to make way for it. Posted in the For Sale section here:

Can I post my own Orphan? The kids are growing up and want to take friends along with them. We could use a 6-seater. So I have placed an order for a Plaid X. However, my wife doesn't want to give up her S100D. She hates the refresh landscape screen and yoke (TBH so do I, but I think the Plaid performance will help me get over it). Sadly, the Roadster will have to make way for it. Posted in the For Sale section here:

Strider get a lift bruh. She's pretty. Agree with your wife that yoke steering wheel has to go why I didn't get a Plaid, and I like my sunroof in my S too.

Don’t do it!
Just put in a car lift!

I definitely appreciate the support! Fall has finally come here and I do enjoy driving topless. I'm not in a hurry to sell (Plaid X not scheduled until April) but once the X does come, I just don't think it will be driven very much. I like the idea that it would go to someone that would drive it regularly, take it to car shows, etc.