Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toledo Supercharger Location Poll

Where would you like Toledo Supercharger?

• Intersection of I-75 and I-475 @ Lewis Commons

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Intersection of I-80 and I-475 @ Maumee

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Intersection of I-75 and I-80 @ US-20

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Intersection of I-80 and I-280 @ TA center

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Intersection of I-75 and I-80 @ OH-795

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • On I-80 @ OH turnpike rest plaza

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Aphysician

Member, Michigan Chapter
May 3, 2013
Metro Detroit, MI
Sgt Barone started discussion about OH superchargers on the following thread. As we know there will be a supercharger in Toledo area. It was mentioned elsewhere that it could be in Maumee area, I haven't seen anything yet in city council minutes. There was a good discussion about possible locations, and few places seem like good candidates. I am starting a poll to see what other members feel. Hope to provide good feedback to the company. You can select multiple choices, however limiting choices to 2 will make most sense.

Ohio Superchargers

Addendum:
(7) On I-475 @ Fallen Timbers Mall.

Realized this after I submitted the poll. It could be a potential location, though not as big as Lewis Commons, I would take this over others. It has similar amenities, though not on intersection of major highway and off I-475 only. If you like this location then just mention +7 in the reply.

The Town Center at Levis Commons :: 3201 Levis Commons Blvd, Perrysburg, OH. 43551 :: (419) 931-8888
The Shops at Fallen Timbers - Outdoor Shopping, Dining, Entertainment in Toledo / Maumee, Ohio

Last edited:
Thanks for making this thread, Aphysician. I don't know if anyone from Tesla will read what we suggest, but let's see how far this goes. I've shared a link to Google Maps with approximate locations for the above sites at the bottom. Just click the map to go to Google.

With SCs likely to be used by owners not local to the area, I'll attempt to give a summary of the amenities in each locations so they can vote with some info.

1. I-75-& I-475 at Levis Commons -- A large shopping center that has a lot of activity most times of the day and evening. The location is such that it could be accessed by both North/South and East/West traffic without to much of a detour. Example amenities: Starbucks, Bob Evans, Max and Erma's, Fat Fish Blue Home of the Funny Bone, Tea Tree Asian Bistro, Blue Pacific Grill, and more. WiFi available at Starbucks.
  2. I-80 & I-475 at Maumee/Holland -- While not as nice of a location as (1), there are a number of possible spots that could house an SC on Dussel Dr, S Reynolds Rd, or Airport Hwy. The location would be a bit of a detour for North/South traffic on I-75. Example amenities in this area (mostly on Airport Hwy): Waffle House, McDonalds, Wendy's, Panera, Burger King, IHOP, Chili's, Texas Roadhouse, Subway and a number of other restaurants depending on the particular location. WiFi available in some locations.
  3. I-80 & I-75 on US-20 -- An alternate location to (1) that would serve traffic in all directions, but smaller selection of amenities: Panera, Subway, Big Boy, Taco Bell. WiFi available at Panera.
  4. I-80/90 & I-280 at TCoA (exit 71) -- Located at a large truck stop and travel plaza. Open and busy 24/7. Located immediately off the Ohio Turnpike and ideal for East/West traffic, but would require a detour of ~15 mile (roundtrip) + $1.50 in tolls for I-75 traffic. Amenities: McDonalds, Subway, Burger King, Taco Bell, and a couple of independent diners. Free WiFi and restrooms available in the travel plaza.
  5. I-80 & I-75 at OH-795 -- Another alternative to (1) that would serve traffic in all directions. I'm not too familiar with this area, though, and Google doesn't help me much. I'm not sure what facilities are available here.
  6. I-80/90 service plazas @ Mile Marker 77 -- These service plazas are unidirectional, so SCs would have to be installed at both plazas. It would likely only serve East/West traffic as the detour from I-75 would be ~25 miles + tolls. Amenities: Hardee's, Mancino's Italian Eatery, Gloria Jean's Coffee, Red Burrito. Free WiFi and restrooms available 24/7.
  7. I-475 at Fallen Timbers -- Fallen Timbers is a large shopping center similar to Levis Commons (1), although much less busy at night. The location can also serve traffic in all directions without much of a detour. Amenities: Starbucks, Subway, Red Robin, P.F. Chang's and more. Free WiFi and restrooms available.

Sa7D9Eu.png

Thanks a lot @772 for putting up detailed description of locations. Wonderful map as well. This would really help the discussion. Levis commons make the most sense, Fallen timbers would do (agree with little less crowded at nights) as well and Maumee not a bad location either. We should limit scouting to these areas. As far as feedback to the company goes, I emailed them link of Ohio Supercharger thread started by Sgt Barone, and notified them about the discussion about Toledo supercharger. I have also used the website location link and have put down Levis Commons as a suggested locations. Let's see whether it helps.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Tesla's response (I'm really impressed with how responsive they've been).

I'll be heading out towards Toledo sometime in the next month or so... I'll be happy to poke around for any SC activity.

(Crossposted @ Ohio Superchargers - Page 3 for discussion)

@sgt barone, @772
How about I-475@ Airport highway for Toledo supercharger? There is a big mall area there, plenty of space to put one there. The area is Holland, I again searched city council minutes, but they have nothing uploaded since September. I bet Toledo is under construction, as superchargers east and west to it on the same routes are ready or under construction.

There's three hotels right off of S.R. 795 on Clark Road; might be a nice place for a Supercharger. However, I think it's most likely that the greater Toledo supercharger will primarily serve traffic on I-80 than it will for I-75 based on Tesla's focus on cross country east-west travel. Although Michigan will be getting their Superchargers next year, greater Dayton won't be getting one until 2015, and even then that will be primarily serving I-70, making me think the (I-75) corridor is a low priority for them.

Last edited:
I'm in Toledo now for the holidays. I'm willing to scout locations. Would love to have some hints about the best places to "scout". :)

Two to Three weeks until completion:

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Last edited: