Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toll pass mount on windscreem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't going to help, but ...

We used to have these big heavy plastic toll tags that we stuck to the windshield with two bits of velcro. They finally did away with those in favour of a Tolltag sticker instead. Much easier, but you have to explicitly switch it off if you want it to not register - then it's guaranteed you'll forget to switch it back on, get to the gate at the airport (with no money) and cause a huge tailback 🤣 (ask me how I know)

but I digress

Holding something bulky on the windshield with double-side tape is not going to last, especially when it's sunny & hot and you leave your car parked outside for awhile. You'll come back in and see your transponder box on the floor because the double-sided tape came right off due to the heat, and there's a nice sticky mess left on your windshield where the tape was.

Holding something bulky on the windshield with double-side tape is not going to last, especially when it's sunny & hot and you leave your car parked outside for awhile. You'll come back in and see your transponder box on the floor because the double-sided tape came right off due to the heat, and there's a nice sticky mess left on your windshield where the tape was.
Only had the MY for a year but my E-ZPass is still there. And it lasted for six years on the Subaru. It never fell off. Not velcro but a 3M competitor. Somewhat tough to get off when I got rid of the car.

The owner's manual states that you should place it directly to the right of the rearview mirror. Others have posted here with putting the units behind the Infotainment screen, out of view from the driver and passengers, or even just in the cupholder or center console bin. I think battery powered units are more flexible in mounting over the window sticker RFID tags.

I have a front plate mounted one as I prefer to keep the windshield free of anything.

The velcro was so that you could dismount it and put it in a special magic bag that stopped it from transmitting
The 3M stuff came with the E-ZPass. It is a velcro competitor by 3M. Works much better in my opinion. But if you often remove whatever is attached, velcro might be better as it doesn't hold as well. But I've only removed mine a couple times.

The 3M is kind of like interlocking mushrooms instead of hook and loop.

This amazon listing has a couple of enlarged diagrams showing what it looks like
3M Dual Lock Reclosable Fasteners Heavy Duty Industrial Use Clear SJ3560 1" x 50 yd Roll Indoor/Outdoor Use Great for Metal, Glass, Acrylic, PC, ABS: Adhesive Hook And Loop Strips: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific