Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toll transponder not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced this?

I have a toll transponder and received a notice I was being billedfor tolls that should have been automatically deducted from my account as I drove through a toll booth. I called the toll authority and they said because of the electronics in the windshield that my transponder wont work with my Tesla. They said I could order one for my bumper (which I am not going to do).

Has anyone experienced this?

I have a toll transponder and received a notice I was being billedfor tolls that should have been automatically deducted from my account as I drove through a toll booth. I called the toll authority and they said because of the electronics in the windshield that my transponder wont work with my Tesla. They said I could order one for my bumper (which I am not going to do).

Order the sun pass industrial license plate transponder. I have mine hidden in the nosecone (pre facelift) and have never had any issues anymore. I haven't had any issues anymore since. Even if you have the newer facelifted tesla I am sure there is a way to hide it in the front where it's not visible.