TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Toll transponder not working

Discussion in 'Model S' started by randy206, Dec 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. randy206

randy206 New Member

Has anyone experienced this?

I have a toll transponder and received a notice I was being billedfor tolls that should have been automatically deducted from my account as I drove through a toll booth. I called the toll authority and they said because of the electronics in the windshield that my transponder wont work with my Tesla. They said I could order one for my bumper (which I am not going to do).

2. croman

croman Active Member

Yes, you must put it near the rearview mirror in the shaded out portion. Read the owner's manual for further information or do a search of this forum.

3. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

There are many threads about this...

The tesla has a metalic windshield. Some people put their "transponder" in the rear window and it works for them.

4. 2BEnhanced

2BEnhanced Member

I have an AP2.0. I tried my TCA transponder in the "normal" location by the rear view mirror. I has worked flawlessly for 2 weeks now. It is a new transponder that has the 1-2-3 occupant switch. Maybe it has more power or something.

5. randy206

randy206 New Member

Thanks. I will review the manual

6. purduelion

purduelion Member

My iPass (Illinois) works from in my glove box. AP2

7. GJ79

GJ79 Member

Order the sun pass industrial license plate transponder. I have mine hidden in the nosecone (pre facelift) and have never had any issues anymore. I haven't had any issues anymore since. Even if you have the newer facelifted tesla I am sure there is a way to hide it in the front where it's not visible.