Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tomorrow is the first day of my delivery window, what should I look out for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb questions to follow, but maybe others have the same ones.

I ordered online, so I have no relationship with an SA. I've just been relying on the tesla.com website for updates. What I want to know is what to expect when delivery is imminent? Will I get an email or a phone call from Tesla? Is there a phone number I should keep an eye out for? It's an exciting week as you can imagine so I don't want to miss out on getting our car ASAP. Thanks!

-n.

Do you have a VIN?

If you don't have a VIN and you enter the first day of your EDD, there's a slim chance you get it today or tomorrow, but I would expect the beginning of that EDD to be pushed later.

So if it's a 9/23 to 9/30 EDD, you might see it pushed to like 9/27 to 9/30 day after tomorrow on 9/24.

Typically you get VIN first.

Do you have a VIN?

If you don't have a VIN and you enter the first day of your EDD, there's a slim chance you get it today or tomorrow, but I would expect the beginning of that EDD to be pushed later.

So if it's a 9/23 to 9/30 EDD, you might see it pushed to like 9/27 to 9/30 day after tomorrow on 9/24.

Typically you get VIN first.
How do you know when you get your VIN? Does Tesla call or email you? Thanks, this is super helpful.

How do you know when you get your VIN? Does Tesla call or email you? Thanks, this is super helpful.
I got an email with the subject, "Your Model Y Final Payment is Ready". I did not get any calls from Tesla, whether automated or from my SA.

The alternative option is to check your account at whatever frequency makes you happy, but the email was my indicator.