TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tomorrow is the last day of the 1st quarter ...

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by FireFly, Mar 30, 2018.

1. FireFly

FireFly Member

I found an in-stock 2018 75D. Is it likely that I will be able to get a better deal on the last day of the quarter? I stopped by tonight and was surprised to find this car ready for immediate delivery. It was declined by a customer due to interior color was not what he was expecting ...

2. Sandollars

Sandollars I bleed Cardinal

I don't know that they make deals unless they are demo cars. The price is the price but make sure you get free supercharging by using a referral code. I still have a code that will also give you 500 bucks credit for accessories or toward services. If you want it, just PM me.

3. FireFly

FireFly Member

It's brand new. They wouldn't allow a test drive except in a similar demo unit. Can't blame them.

4. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Interior Color???
    In U.S. it’s more likely it was refused because it has the original slower MCU. Check the build date. If prior to March it’s likely to be the old MCU.
    Several customers refused delivery in March for this reason.

5. FireFly

FireFly Member

Ahhhh interesting! I'm new to the EV world .. what is the MCU and how big of a handicap is having the slower one? Is it something that can be upgraded post-delivery?

6. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

7. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Also...

8. EVSteve

EVSteve 110% Solar Powered

Makes zero difference in my opinion. Iit will fail eventually at which point it may be possible (likely) to upgrade to the current MCU. Minus the Bluetooth and 5ghz antennas of course. Those require different mirrors.

• Like x 1
  9. FireFly

FireFly Member

Thanks for the info!

10. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Just thought OP should be aware of recent changes.
    I took delivery of a MS 100D on Wednesday.
    I would have refused delivery if it wasn’t the new MCU.
    I wouldn’t have been aware if it weren’t for TMC. Just paying it forward.
    Knowledge is power.

• Like x 1
  11. FireFly

FireFly Member

You are quite correct. I just joined tonight and have already gleaned a lot of information to help me make an informed decision.

Great forum!

• Like x 1
  12. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

If you really want to make a deal today, ask them to throw in two annual service visits, about $1000 value. They likely won't budge on the price of the car. Good luck!

• Like x 1
  13. P85Dave

P85Dave Member

If there is an issue, tell thank Hank said it is okay :p

14. benjo

benjo New Member

I placed an order for a 75D today and they threw in a free home charger which in the U.K. retails for about £450. We also made sure to use someone’s referral code for the free supercharging etc. So last day of the quarter is a good time to buy!