Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tons of error codes! Bms_f151 Bms_f071 Gtw_w018 Di_u014 Bms_w151 Gtw_w157

Tico

Mar 31, 2016
Alexandria, VA
It started last night but I've been receiving the error codes below on my 2013 Model S85. It'll power up (sometimes after I force a restart by pulling the MCU fuse) and then shutdown shortly after. I cannot charge or even plug in a charger.

I have:
-charged, "jumped", and trickle charged the 12V battery
-restarted the computer/MCU by pulling the fuse, changing tire information (force restart), and executing a soft restart via the scroll wheels
-disconnected/reconnected 12V battery

Any thoughts? I am out of warranty but will be taking it in to the SC if I can troubleshoot my way out of this.

These are the codes I'm getting:
Bms_f151 Unable to start vehicle (Service is required)
Bms_f071 Unable to start vehicle (Service is required)
Gtw_w018 Electrical system power reduced (Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly)
Di_u014 Unable to drive (Voltage supply too low)
Bms_w151 Vehicle may not start (Service is required)
Gtw_w157 Power reduced (Vehicle systems shutting down)

Thanks in advance.

Tesla Alerts 9_12_2021.jpg

Plasmid_Boy

Feb 13, 2020
Indiana
any update on what the final issue was? I'm getting the Exact same error codes.
For me, one time it was a shorted AC compressor. Replacing it fixed the problem. Another time it was the cabin heater. Also fixed by replacing the part. And another time it was the battery heater. Also replaced the part. It seems that any short or fault in the high voltage circuit could trigger those codes.

• Informative
Reactions: SoCal Buzz

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC