Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tons of error codes! Bms_f151 Bms_f071 Gtw_w018 Di_u014 Bms_w151 Gtw_w157

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It started last night but I've been receiving the error codes below on my 2013 Model S85. It'll power up (sometimes after I force a restart by pulling the MCU fuse) and then shutdown shortly after. I cannot charge or even plug in a charger.

I have:
-charged, "jumped", and trickle charged the 12V battery
-restarted the computer/MCU by pulling the fuse, changing tire information (force restart), and executing a soft restart via the scroll wheels
-disconnected/reconnected 12V battery

Any thoughts? I am out of warranty but will be taking it in to the SC if I can troubleshoot my way out of this.

These are the codes I'm getting:
Bms_f151 Unable to start vehicle (Service is required)
Bms_f071 Unable to start vehicle (Service is required)
Gtw_w018 Electrical system power reduced (Vehicle may shut down unexpectedly)
Di_u014 Unable to drive (Voltage supply too low)
Bms_w151 Vehicle may not start (Service is required)
Gtw_w157 Power reduced (Vehicle systems shutting down)

Thanks in advance.

Tesla Alerts 9_12_2021.jpg

any update on what the final issue was? I'm getting the Exact same error codes.
For me, one time it was a shorted AC compressor. Replacing it fixed the problem. Another time it was the cabin heater. Also fixed by replacing the part. And another time it was the battery heater. Also replaced the part. It seems that any short or fault in the high voltage circuit could trigger those codes.

Hello all.
I had a similar problem back in August, only 2 days after I got my "new" car (a used s85 from DEC 2014)
I got my car towed to the SC (360 miles away) and after being there for almost a month, they did not find the issue, in fact when the car arrived there, it worked fine, and none of the alerts showed during their numerous tests.
Today I had a similar issue, (that's how i got here) The display showed all the alerts shown in the pictures. And I tried turning the vehicle off, resetting it with the scrolls on the wheel, with no luck. The car was in the garage (two floors below ground) so I was wondering how hard will it be to tow it from there)
I came home and called Tesla, and scheduled an appointment with the SC (yes that which is only 360 miles away). I searched the web for similar issues, and I found you.
After a couple of hours reading about 12v battery replacements, and other "solutions" I went down to the garage again to check if the problems had magically gone, (as they apparently did the time I sent the car to the SC) and... everything was in order, no alerts in the display, and the car started and let me put D and drive it normally, so I took it off the garage and parked it outrside.
I hope tomorrow the car is still working, as there seems to be not a real cause for all that line of error codes... fingers crossed.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 843
I'm having the BMS and GTW errors and can't start the car. This happened this weekend after not having had the car for 10 weeks. The Drive Unit was replaced by QC Charge and MCU was replaced by Tesla in the last 10 weeks. This weekend I got the car back and started it up for the first time and the screens are black, so I jump-started and received the attached errors.

The car was running well in January and appeared to be fine for the first 4 weeks that QC parked in their lot while they didn't work on the car. I had the MCU upgraded by Tesla the first week of Jan and the day it was replaced I drove the car for the Drive Unit to QC Charge. The Drive unit took 2 months to complete (mostly parked waiting for them to start the work). When they started it up they said they had the same error but it went away and was fine. I picked the car up on Friday and it was DOA on Saturday morning. The car sat around for 2 months and QC charge couldn't start it either. I believe they already replaced the 12V battery (They charged me $160). Part of the problem is that anyone working Tesla is so busy that it's hard to get the time to even get answers on a car that they worked on and charged $5k of repairs.

Attachments

• 45DB592B-7DE6-4BBB-ABF3-5029BA39A36C_1_201_a.jpeg
    45DB592B-7DE6-4BBB-ABF3-5029BA39A36C_1_201_a.jpeg
    600.5 KB · Views: 882
Nboyd, did you do any update recently?
After update Friday night (2021.24.28) I have the same issue. I tried charging the 12V battery (which was replaced last year). Seems it's related to the HW battery. The car is a 2015 Model S 70 D.
Tesla service centre has had the car today, but haven't managed to find the issue yet. Luckily I demanded a loaner car.

I started getting errors like that last week then the car started running in "limp" mode. I drove it several more times and after a week, I drove to the Tesla service center because the earliest appointment is end of March. When I got to the parking lot, about 50ft from the service entrance the car totally shut down. The shop looks through the logs from the past serveral days and says it is the HV battery failure, one of the modules is bad. To get the car in "tow" mode and roll the car they hooked up a jumper battery to the front and after a few minutes the display booted up and we where able to activate tow mode.

Attachments

• IMG_0363.jpeg
    IMG_0363.jpeg
    516.6 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_0365.jpeg
    IMG_0365.jpeg
    421.4 KB · Views: 927
  • IMG_0399.JPG
    IMG_0399.JPG
    548.6 KB · Views: 611
Nboyd, did you do any update recently?
After update Friday night (2021.24.28) I have the same issue. I tried charging the 12V battery (which was replaced last year). Seems it's related to the HW battery. The car is a 2015 Model S 70 D.
Tesla service centre has had the car today, but haven't managed to find the issue yet. Luckily I demanded a loaner car.
I did do the update recently.

I started getting errors like that last week then the car started running in "limp" mode. I drove it several more times and after a week, I drove to the Tesla service center because the earliest appointment is end of March. When I got to the parking lot, about 50ft from the service entrance the car totally shut down. The shop looks through the logs from the past serveral days and says it is the HV battery failure, one of the modules is bad. To get the car in "tow" mode and roll the car they hooked up a jumper battery to the front and after a few minutes the display booted up and we where able to activate tow mode.
Do you have MCU 1 or 2? I had my battery diagnosed by Tesla and they said it was good and then did the MCU upgrade. The car has only been driven twice since the upgrade.