Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tons of Micro Sratches On Delivery Day (2023 Black Model Y LR)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to go to a detail shop to get it paint corrected. The paint condition was quite poor. Before and after example.

I did a front PPF using Stek Dynoshield
2 step Paint Correction + Ceramic Coating (gtechniq cryal serum light)
360 window tint including front windshield and rear window (Xpel XR Black, 35% front and rear windows, 50% front windshield, 70% rear window)

I had to go to a detail shop to get it paint corrected. The paint condition was quite poor. Before and after example.

I did a front PPF using Stek Dynoshield
2 step Paint Correction + Ceramic Coating (gtechniq cryal serum light)
360 window tint including front windshield and rear window (Xpel XR Black, 35% front and rear windows, 50% front windshield, 70% rear window)

Im not disputing the micro scratches, but the post also sounds like an advertisement. The only reason I am leaving it is because it doesnt have a shop name in it. If it did, I would consider this an advertisement for the shop, not feedback about paint (which there are already lots of threads about.

Im not disputing the micro scratches, but the post also sounds like an advertisement. The only reason I am leaving it is because it doesnt have a shop name in it. If it did, I would consider this an advertisement for the shop, not feedback about paint (which there are already lots of threads about.
Understandable. I got the video from their social. They update their clients through their IG stories. The purpose of this post is to determine if other new owners are having paint issues. For instance, I had a lot of micro swirls and hairline scratches on delivery day. The detailer indicated they used a lot of wax to hide the imperfections.

Understandable. I got the video from their social. They update their clients through their IG stories. The purpose of this post is to determine if other new owners are having paint issues. For instance, I had a lot of micro swirls and hairline scratches on delivery day. The detailer indicated they used a lot of wax to hide the imperfections.

if thats the question, then the answer is "yes, tesla paint is fairly well known to suffer from this, so much so Tesla pivoted away from black being the free color due to complaints about paint quality / scratches."

I love black on a car but after working as a detailer for a few years I would never personally get one as they show an extreme anoint of scratches immediately after the first wash. No matter what you or how careful you are black always gets visible micro scratches compared to a light color. white paint will look brand new 10x longer than black

Most if not all new vehicles paint would benefit from a very light paint correction. All mass vehicles after paint and assembly do not get a through once over with a trained person and a buffer. There will be micro scratches from transport, if a protect film is applied before shipping and at the dealer PDI.

One pass with a light polish on an orbital buffer and apply a coating afterwards will solve this issue. DIY - less than $70 - done by a shop - $$$$.