Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too Aggressive Pulling in Passing Lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When using FSD, I find that quite often the car will signal to pull into the passing lane while a car is approaching in the passing lane at a higher speed than I am going. Thus if I do let it move to the passing lane I will have someone right on my tail.

When using FSD, I find that quite often the car will signal to pull into the passing lane while a car is approaching in the passing lane at a higher speed than I am going. Thus if I do let it move to the passing lane I will have someone right on my tail.

Normal behavior - it's been going on like that for at least a year... Just wait until your X attempted to make that lane change - and the person in the target lane speeds up to try a block (or uses the merging lane to speed around you)...

I suspect this is always going to be a bit of an issue. There's no rear radar, so AP has to estimate distance and velocity with only the rear fish eye camera and 1 side repeater. Then it needs to make the decision to lane change, confirm your attention, potentially get confirmation to change lanes and execute. Probably not a problem for most of the time, but vehicles overtaking at a high rate of speed are like are going to be hard to predict.