Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too Good to be true?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys... Happy to be an Tesla Fam! I ordered MYP on Dec. 30th!! and expect to have the car deliver sometime in March but I check my tesla account today and saw VIN with estimated delivery date set to Jan 3rd - 4th, I thought I was going to take least 2-3 months, is this too good to be true?

If you can wait, I suggest waiting BUT if you need a car or don't care about the new features coming (HEPA filter, heated steering wheel, ugly door trim, new center console, etc.) then might be worth it to get the car now.

I'm waiting for heated steering wheels, new center console, door panels, and new headlights. No one knows when they will be coming. My guess is Q1 but that's like predicting when it's going to rain in so cal. I don't need the car so I'm planning to wait about 3 months. Want to give the folks in Freemont some time to catch up on their sleep since they've been putting cars together half asleep for the last 4 weeks.

Just got a call from Tesla and car is ready for pick up, I do have other cars I can commute and not in hurry, but any idea when tesla is adding all new features?

No one has any idea but it's public information and all the changes are in MIC MY so it should be very soon now. I would absolutely wait if you don't need a car right now. These are not small changes, especially the headlight, it adds additional safety feature.

Just got a call from Tesla and car is ready for pick up, I do have other cars I can commute and not in hurry, but any idea when tesla is adding all new features?

Probably in the next couple months... but be warned, by then Tesla will have some further refinements to the Model Y (possibly efficiency upgrades to the battery/drive electronics and such) and it might be worth waiting....

Is autopilot hardware 4 coming in April? Elon said it will be at least three times better and coming in about two years in April 2019 during autonomy day.
1 hour and 44 minutes into the video