Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too much back sweat, seat cover question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my model 3 and my back sweats a lot with these seats regardless of outdoor temp. So I tried both sheepskin and linen-covered buckwheat but both were too thick, pushing me forward and upward, though they did reduce my sweating. So yesterday I called Coverking and asked for a recommendation and they suggested their "super mesh" for its breathability and are sending me swatches? I have two questions for you all:

1) What do you think of the coverking supermesh?
Spacer Mesh Custom Seat Cover

2) Would re-covering the seats with leather from katzkin remedy this issue? My toyota has leather and I do not sweat in it.

Thanks!

Reactions: Jethro
I went through this to a certain extent when i first got my car. The key is to cool the car down before you get into it to take some of the heat out of the seat before you sit down. If you don't, the heat of the seat will just radiate into your back........and your back makes a great insulator. :)

Turn the AC on about 5 minutes or so before you get in and it will make a huge difference.

Reactions: Skione65 and cbaaz
Just got my model 3 and my back sweats a lot with these seats regardless of outdoor temp. So I tried both sheepskin and linen-covered buckwheat but both were too thick, pushing me forward and upward, though they did reduce my sweating. So yesterday I called Coverking and asked for a recommendation and they suggested their "super mesh" for its breathability and are sending me swatches? I have two questions for you all:

1) What do you think of the coverking supermesh?
Spacer Mesh Custom Seat Cover

2) Would re-covering the seats with leather from katzkin remedy this issue? My toyota has leather and I do not sweat in it.

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072Q5RXTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one works for me. I removed the plastic hip holders so it sides abit upon exit/entry. But my back doesn’t sweat now.

Reactions: Jethro
I went through this to a certain extent when i first got my car. The key is to cool the car down before you get into it to take some of the heat out of the seat before you sit down. If you don't, the heat of the seat will just radiate into your back........and your back makes a great insulator. :)

Turn the AC on about 5 minutes or so before you get in and it will make a huge difference.
its definitely not the temp of the seat that is a problem for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072Q5RXTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one works for me. I removed the plastic hip holders so it sides abit upon exit/entry. But my back doesn’t sweat now.
That looks like it might work. Do you have a guess as to how thick it is? The pic (attached) makes it look kind of thick.
61cgKZrARoL.jpg

I'm going to try a terry towel today to see how that works. Here's a link to one I bought that is way too thick.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FTV6L8P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

its definitely not the temp of the seat that is a problem for me.

it makes a huge difference. At minimum you should do both. The surface of the seat can be cool but the overall temp of the seat is still very warm. I went so far as to FLIR my seat as i was convinced the warmers were on, they weren't. Now that I cool it down before i get into it in the summer it's pretty much a non issue.

I got one of these, and it is a bit thicker than I expected, but I was able to adjust my seat. I used all the attachments and it stays secure in the seat. I've had the problem that the seat hurts my left leg, and this helps with that, along with not feeling so hot in Texas weather. I was surprised that I like the appearance, and am debating getting a second one for the passenger seat so that they match.
IMG_7383.JPG

Last edited:
[QUOTE="1) What do you think of the coverking supermesh?
Spacer Mesh Custom Seat Cover[/QUOTE]

Did you you ever end up getting these seat covers? I'm looking into it now and thinking the super mesh coverking covers could be a good option. I've' never been a fan of leather or fake leather seats. Cloth is far better imo for many reasons. I'm after seat covers that will fit well and have factory look (well as much as possible anyway). Also good to have breath ability for the seat heaters.

If you went with these, are you able to post some photos of the fitment please?

I’m looking at sheepskin or other seat covers now to keep cool. I like sheepskin if the fitting is good.

Anybody try another way to keep cool? Yes, i’ve tried the power sucking method of trying to precoll the car.

The MY really needs ventilated seats. Can the S/X seats or others be used?