Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too much heat since last upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was under the impression that my heating (no heat pump) was suddenly much stronger, with fan speed staying around 5 on auto much longer than it used to. Also Wh/Km went significantly up.
A ranger which came today to check on the recent front latch recall and install the HEPA upgrade did confirm that this is a known issue. The update aimed at fixing the heat pump issues has the heat sensors off for older cars and heat is blasting like crazy.
Should be fixed in one of the next software release.

I also notice stronger heat, but thought it was an upgrade. I don't use the Auto function, just turn down the fan. However, if energy is being wasted by continuing to heat the resistive element, then that needs correcting. Sounds like a potentially dangerous, or at least damaging, situation.

I would love stronger heat, my wife is forever complaining about her feet being cold (even if we have it jacked up, fan on high, vents to foot position). I wouldn't say its "cold" personally, but I've certainly felt much stronger heating systems in a car. Still, its Texas, so we won't have to worry about it for too long... as long as the AC works well when the time comes!