Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too much music.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your phone is away, though, doesn't the car select the last Slacker station listened to? I can't recall.

Just silence for me. But I haven't used Slacker, so there's no last station for it to select. I'll try it later, to confirm though.

- - - Updated - - -

Another annoyance that the software has always had... If you select a BT device for playback - leave the car - and return with the same BT device - you have to manually re-select the BT device for media playback.

On a recent trip, I was playing an audiobook from my phone - and was pleasantly surprised that it remembered I was doing that when I returned to the car - and all I had to hit was the "play" to resume listening to my audiobook.

Yes, this is my annoyance, although it's not consistent. Sometimes I'll stop at a store for 3 minutes and have to select the Bluetooth device again once I return, other times I'll return to my car after work hours later and it'll pick up right where I left off as soon as I open the door.

Do you have the premium audio system? If so, set a favorite for XM channel 0 - the "radio ID" channel. There's no audio stream with it. It'll remain silent.

Unfortunately this isn't an option if you don't have the XM receiver, but at least it's a workaround for those who do.

Just for reference, i tried this and realized that the Tesla's behavior is different - it seems to play music from your last station if you do this.