Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too Steep?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I haven’t had a lowered car in years. I’m looking at the Eibach or H&R springs. If I’m not paying attention, I scrape on exit. Thoughts on if I can clear my driveway?

Attachments

• BC30A493-E293-4A98-8B8A-B629850CC052.png
    BC30A493-E293-4A98-8B8A-B629850CC052.png
    2 MB · Views: 145
  • Funny
Reactions: Dolemite
I drive over a similar curb at a friend's house and it's no problem. You may want to take it at a slight angle rather than straight on, but you would probably do that anyway when turning in from the street. Enjoy your wonderful car!

Hey everyone. I haven’t had a lowered car in years. I’m looking at the Eibach or H&R springs. If I’m not paying attention, I scrape on exit. Thoughts on if I can clear my driveway?

Should be no problem IF you pay attention. Cross the curb slightly sideways. I have a similar driveway and I had similar concerns, but my Model 3 is passing it just fine, while my Honda Accord often scratches its undercarriage.

Reactions: 6H057
That is a super narrow driveway!

With low cars it's better to approach at an angle, but with a driveway that narrow, it takes that option away.

This.

If you're scraping now without springs, I don't think you'll clear this driveway with how narrow it is. Might have to widen the driveway at the end or be ok with killing some of that grass to get the angle you need to get out.

This.

If you're scraping now without springs, I don't think you'll clear this driveway with how narrow it is. Might have to widen the driveway at the end or be ok with killing some of that grass to get the angle you need to get out.
I have a slight feeling it may too narrow. I don’t want the hassle of applying for a permit with the city and HOA to widen the driveway. I’ll probably end up with sliplo and curb ramps if all else fails

I mean it's kinda hard to judge how steep of an angle you are working with based on a Google street view image lol

Are you worried about scraping the front or are you worried about the car high centering? The front should be no issues on these cars unless you drive it like a SUV and plow straight up to every curb and driveway...

I have a slight feeling it may too narrow. I don’t want the hassle of applying for a permit with the city and HOA to widen the driveway. I’ll probably end up with sliplo and curb ramps if all else fails
I mean it's kinda hard to judge how steep of an angle you are working with based on a Google street view image lol

Are you worried about scraping the front or are you worried about the car high centering? The front should be no issues on these cars unless you drive it like a SUV and plow straight up to every curb and driveway...
You’re right lol. I’m being lazy with the pic. The entry shouldn’t be much of an issue but the exit is where the majority of my worries lie. I usually back up the driveway since my charger is set up on the back wall of my garage