Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took 3 in for minor service, got P90D as loaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our son got an AWD Model 3 Performance for an overnight loaner and drove it back to back with our Ludicrous Model S 2015 P85D+. Our P85D+ is definitely faster but uses significantly more kW per mile since its bigger & heavier... and only has AP 1.0. But our Model S also can fit my XXL Santa Cruz Hightower 27.5+ "fattie" MTB in the back with both wheels on that wouldn't fit in the Model 3.

Definitely different tools for different jobs... and a huge difference in price. Comparable Performance Model 3 is 90% of older Model S at ~ 2/3rd's the price. Amazing.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
My SC always says no Teslas are available for loaners. Pretty sure they just save those for the S and X owners. I've gotten an Audi Q3 and a Mercedes GLC 300.
Last year we always had issues getting Tesla loaner. I went to the service center last week with my P3D and it looks like they’ve solved the loaner issue at least for now. The rentals they provide are also Tesla’s now as the lady before us got a rental, but I was given a P90D loaner. So, they don’t seem to give loaner just to SX owner, unless they know I also have a X.

Had ludicrous mode, thought my 3 was quick . . . wow

Our son just bought a 2019 Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor (AWD). Fabulous car, especially for the money.

He took his father-in-law for a raucous M3 LR AWD test drive. He thought that was fast until my son insisted I him on a test drive in our Ludicrous 2015 P85D+. He was blown away by how brutal our Ludicrous P85D+ accelerates and how much faster it was than the M3 LR AWD. I let him know a Ludicrous P100D is a whole level quicker than ours (2.2 vs. 2.9 seconds o to 60 mph). Mind blown. Says his next car will definitely be a Tesla. :cool:

My local SC has an Enterprise office like 2 blocks away. On my last service, I was given a ride there (In a Tesla mobile service van, to add to the experience). Once there, they pretty much gave me free reign over their keybox to choose what I wanted. I asked for a VW Atlas, and ended up getting an Infiniti QX30 when they couldn't find the VW.

The adjustment period going back to an ICE is always fun. Coming into those red lights HOT, with no regenerative braking!

• Funny
Reactions: BrokerDon