Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery 07/29 VIN 29xxx peabody MA

What should I do?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date: 07/29
Delivery date: 08/29
VIN: 29xxx
Delivery Location: Peabody, MA

I found 14 issues and ranked them: major, medium, minor. I will be taking the car to a local collision center for a second opinion.

Major:
1- passenger-headlight-fender

2- passenger-rear-door-alignment

3- trunk-door-alignment

4- tail-light-not-flush

5- rear-bumper-chip

6- rear-passenger-seat-not-flush

Medium:
7- passenger-headlight-gap

Minor:
8- a-pillar-passenger-side

9- paint

10- headliner-gaps

11- rocker-panel-meets-trim

12- marks-on-headliner

13- trunk-panel

14- driver-rear-door-alignment

Last edited:
Ah 10 minutes max for a post ok:

Major:
1- passenger-headlight-fender
IMG_7741 3.jpeg

2- passenger-rear-door-alignment
IMG_1329.jpeg
IMG_8828.jpeg

3- lift-gate-alignment
IMG_1144.jpeg
IMG_2127.jpeg
IMG_4110.jpeg
IMG_4770.jpeg

4- tail-light-not-flush
IMG_5936.jpeg

5- rear-bumper-chip
IMG_1378.jpg

6- rear-passenger-seat-not-flush
IMG_3247.jpeg

That's a really rough one... what's the VIN?

BTW, it's really in everyone's best interest to reject cars like this before delivery. If you accept with there promise to fix later those promises can before "in spec" and you're stuck with it.

Reactions: BlindPass
Update:

I went to Allston Collision in MA, had Paul Chaet (general manager, really nice guy) take a look at it.
1- Return the car
2- The car has been worked on.
3- Nobody is going to be able to fix it to a generally acceptable level.

There is one other major issue: Color mismatch (its not the best picture, but there is definitely a color mismatch) at least left rear door and quarter panel.

IMG_5143.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelr316
That's a really rough one... what's the VIN?

BTW, it's really in everyone's best interest to reject cars like this before delivery. If you accept with there promise to fix later those promises can before "in spec" and you're stuck with it.

It is in the best interest, i agree, but we are humans, excitement plays a big role in this, once reality settles in, things change, unfortunately its usually post delivery. This car should have not passed quality control in the first place.

VIN is 29xxx, did you ask for the exact VIN?

How does that work? I reported a bunch of QC I wanted fixed at delivery and more before 100miles. Have 1st SC appointment next week. If they dont fix all of it then can I go back in the queue or have to wait a year as I'm over 100 miles now?
You cannot return car >100 miles. Any issues will have to be fixed by SC; you cannot return/reject at this point.

What were your issues, since we both have PUPs and are using Brooklyn SC?

Yikes, that one has a lot of issues. I think the alignment issues are not a reason to return a car. Actual physical damage is a deal breaker for me. Scratches/scuffs are debatable.

Yikes, that one has a lot of issues. I think the alignment issues are not a reason to return a car. Actual physical damage is a deal breaker for me. Scratches/scuffs are debatable.

Agreed, I don't believe in perfect cars. But this one just had a gazillion of issues, I was told right away that this car passed tesla's inspection at delivery.

You cannot return car >100 miles. Any issues will have to be fixed by SC; you cannot return/reject at this point.

What were your issues, since we both have PUPs and are using Brooklyn SC?

Just a bunch of alignments I'm sure can be fixed MK SC.
The car has a very subtle color mismatch only between the drivers side doors. Directly inspecting the doors they match and are both perfectly painted. But from one particular angle on cloudy day the pearl doesn't run consistently across the side. If I crack either door open a hair everything looks perfect so I'm hoping the alignments will change the way the light hits the side.

I'm lovin the drive and everything else is damn near perfect which I why I decided to take it home. Paints just a sore point as I rejected my 1st PUP which was way off.

1st reject

20200626_140955.jpg

And the one I accepted

20200724_172530.jpg

Reactions: M16t42k and jazz290
The car has a very subtle color mismatch only between the drivers side doors. Directly inspecting the doors they match and are both perfectly painted. But from one particular angle on cloudy day the pearl doesn't run consistently across the side. If I crack either door open a hair everything looks perfect so I'm hoping the alignments will change the way the light hits the side.

I'm lovin the drive and everything else is damn near perfect which I why I decided to take it home. Paints just a sore point as I rejected my 1st PUP which was way off.

1st reject

View attachment 571161

And the one I accepted

View attachment 571165
Good stuff... are you swapping tires for the Winter?

I already have 20" spare TST rims and I'll be mounting Winter tires probably around Thanksgiving. (But keeping the Uber's and Pirellis for now.)

1st reject

View attachment 571161

And the one I accepted

View attachment 571165

Congrats man, you had what it takes to reject your first delivery.