Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery 12/24 but still no license plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on 12/24/2022 in Buena Park, CA, but so far still haven't received the license plate & registration. I called DMV but DMV told me they had requested the paperwork on 1/13/2023, and haven't received it from Tesla. I emailed my delivery center and they said they've submitted the registration and they will mail out the plate soon. Is this normal? Anyone took delivery around that time can chime in? Any advice would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 402
I have heard about others having issues with Tesla not submitting the proper paperwork and causing delays with getting plates.

I picked up on 2/17 and I texted a SA this week asking if they had my plate number so I could apply for my legacy plates. They got back saying they were still working on my registration. They seem super slow and backed up.

Which number did you guys call or how did you get a hold of your SA or delivery place? I took delivery of my Tesla model Y on Feb. 27 and it's now May 5th and still haven't received my license plate/registration. I called the DMV this morning and they said Tesla needs to send them the paperwork, so they're basically waiting for Tesla. So I'm trying to contact someone at Tesla to see the status of it. My temporary registration doesn't expire till May 26, but just wanted to get ahead of the situation. Any help would be appreciated. Just need contact info at Tesla to talk to someone. Thank you everyone.

Which number did you guys call or how did you get a hold of your SA or delivery place? I took delivery of my Tesla model Y on Feb. 27 and it's now May 5th and still haven't received my license plate/registration. I called the DMV this morning and they said Tesla needs to send them the paperwork, so they're basically waiting for Tesla. So I'm trying to contact someone at Tesla to see the status of it. My temporary registration doesn't expire till May 26, but just wanted to get ahead of the situation. Any help would be appreciated. Just need contact info at Tesla to talk to someone. Thank you everyone.
You should contact your delivery center. The phone number can be found on Tesla's official website. I took delivery on 12/24, and the license plate arrived late March, just 1 week before my temporary license expires. They really like to do everything last minute.

Same here feb 15 took delivery in ca sac but haven't received my license plate yet.

I took delivery Feb 23 and am waiting as well. I texted Tesla last week and they responded with a canned message:

"Hello Charlie, the DMV does sometimes take longer than the average 4 - 6 weeks to process new registration cases. Your documents were e-signed, which means the DMV received them electronically.

Tesla Burbank"

Same! I took delivery Feb 25 and it is now May 13. Still nothing. Also, i am currently working in Alabama so I have submitted a temporary address change to USPS to have mail sent to Alabama. Hopefully, my plates will be mailed to me without issues. 🥴🥴🥴

Same! I took delivery Feb 25 and it is now May 13. Still nothing. Also, i am currently working in Alabama so I have submitted a temporary address change to USPS to have mail sent to Alabama. Hopefully, my plates will be mailed to me without issues. 🥴🥴🥴
I'm in Georgia, picked up my Model Y on 03/17. My first temp tag expired, was able to go to DMV and get another 30 day temp tag. That tag expired on 05/29. I called today to see if I can get another temp tag and was told no. I need to contact the dealership. I've been going back and forth with Tesla (through text messages) and I feel as if I'm getting the run around. SO now I'm driving around on expired temp tags. What are we suppose to do, not drive the vehicle that we are PAYING FOR!!!! This is so frustrating. I'm going to take a trip to the dealership so I can speak with someone in person!!!!