Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery 2/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am now an official 1st time Tesla owner. I picked up my Long Range Y yesterday morning. I have to say that was the easiest delivery of a new vehicle that I have ever been a part of. From the time we arrived with my trade in till we left in a shiny MY was literally 20 minutes! I have been researching forums and youtube and was armed with a checklist and glad to report I did not find any issues with the Y. The body lines are perfect, all panels line up. and no paint issues. Hopefully they got the quality control issues ironed out. As for updates here is my car's info.

VIN is 1153XX, build date 1/21 from Fremont California.
Heated steering wheel - Yes
Sentry USB in Glovebox - Yes
Updated Headlights - No
Updated console - No
Trailer Hitch hinged door - No

20210219_100337.jpg

I am now an official 1st time Tesla owner. I picked up my Long Range Y yesterday morning. I have to say that was the easiest delivery of a new vehicle that I have ever been a part of. From the time we arrived with my trade in till we left in a shiny MY was literally 20 minutes! I have been researching forums and youtube and was armed with a checklist and glad to report I did not find any issues with the Y. The body lines are perfect, all panels line up. and no paint issues. Hopefully they got the quality control issues ironed out. As for updates here is my car's info.

Updated Headlights - No
Updated console - No

View attachment 638246

I think we're MY twins! Also picked up yesterday, same specs down to the color.

The longest part of my delivery was probably waiting for my license plate to be swapped over from my trade-in.

Tell me more about your trade, boys...So, you schedule that to happen at the same time as pickup? How was the trade in value vs. others?

I am debating on trading via Tesla even taking a small hit on price due to the convenience. Any tips on the trade process is helpful!

• Love
Reactions: dmd2005
Tell me more about your trade, boys...So, you schedule that to happen at the same time as pickup? How was the trade in value vs. others?

I am debating on trading via Tesla even taking a small hit on price due to the convenience. Any tips on the trade process is helpful!

Yes, you just bring everything with you to pickup - trade-in and title. Everything is done via the website prior to delivery day, including accepting the trade-in quote. Your experience is going to vary depending on what state (or country, outside of the US) you're in and their requirements.

I will say that I was given basically the bottom of the KBB range for my car. However, it was 10 years old with 130k miles on it, and plenty of cosmetic wear and tear (my kids destroyed the backseat from all of the eating and road trips). I had no desire to attempt a private sale to try to eek out another $1500, which would have required getting it detailed and all of the things to make it presentable. My dealership had given me a couple of trade-in offers in the past year which were probably about $800 more than what Tesla gave me.

We traded in my wife's 2012 VW Passat with average mileage. It was in fair condition; KBB quoted it at $6900. Tesla offered me $6600 for it. I didn't like how my delivery date kept changing so I'm happy we decided to trade it in. If I would sold it privately we would have ended up renting a car until I took delivery as we both work. When I choose to trade in I had to send a pile of pictures, odometer reading, and a photocopy of the title. They sent me the quote in a few hours. When we took delivery all I had to do was call them to report the current odometer reading then drop the keys in the deposit box with my signed papers. I couldn't use the license plates because they are in my wife's name, so they will destroy them for us.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno

Updated Headlights - No
Updated console - No

View attachment 638246
Good Luck! I have a similar model Y about 3 weeks now and enjoying every minute driving.

Reactions: jknutter

Updated Headlights - No
Updated console - No

View attachment 638246

Looks great! Getting My Y this week in Metalic Grey. Carole

Congratulations on your new Model Y! I understand that Tesla does not necessarily issue VINs sequentially but I am confused about how Tesla and updates its vehicles. I am expecting to pick-up my MY7 on February 26, 2021. It was built on February 13, 2021. I was told by Tesla that every MY build after February 9 would have the updated console. My VIN is 115,7xx.

Earlier, in another string on this forum, a member reported they received the updated console on their MY7. They did not mention the build date but the VIN was 117,xxx. Can anyone explain was is going on? Thanks

Keep in mind that your sales tax is on the net purchase price (purchase minus trade value). So if your pick up site is in a city with an 8% sales tax and you are offered $10,000 for the trade, that is comparable to a sale to Carvana/CarMax/Private of $10,870 ($10,000 / (1 - .08)). This can close the gap a bit.