Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery, door frame well paint normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Just took delivery last Sunday. I noticed the door frame in the front and passenger side the paint is missing? Is this normal? Not sure as I don't have another Model Y's door frame well to compare to.
20210605_164454.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Just took delivery last Sunday. I noticed the door frame in the front and passenger side the paint is missing? Is this normal? Not sure as I don't have another Model Y's door frame well to compare to.

Can you see it with the doors closed?

If not, I'd absolutely leave it alone. You don't want them attempting to paint that at this stage, you'll just end up with overspray, assembly damage, and chances of other things going wrong. All cars have some areas with primer exposed under the hood, in door jams, etc.

My advice, leave it be.

Tim

Can you see it with the doors closed?

If not, I'd absolutely leave it alone. You don't want them attempting to paint that at this stage, you'll just end up with overspray, assembly damage, and chances of other things going wrong. All cars have some areas with primer exposed under the hood, in door jams, etc.

My advice, leave it be.

Tim
Thanks, do you think that area would rust under rain or moisture? I was concerned about having them fix it too since I can't noticed it as much. I was thinking about not having them fix it as well but at least have it documented so if it does become an issue down the road I have written record and possibly have them fix it later as an issue.

Thanks, do you think that area would rust under rain or moisture? I was concerned about having them fix it too since I can't noticed it as much. I was thinking about not having them fix it as well but at least have it documented so if it does become an issue down the road I have written record and possibly have them fix it later as an issue.

No need to worry about rust, that’s the primer coat you are seeing. There should not be any exposed metal. I agree documenting can’t hurt, I did that with a few small issues myself.

Tim