Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery in Orlando with excellent quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery today of my Model Y in Orlando, Fl. The staff was extremely great, and the process was extremely simple. I think I may only buy Tesla cars just because of the process.

I had to go inside and check in with the staff. I had to sign a couple of papers to transfer my existing tag to the new car, then they brought the car to the front for my inspection and made sure that everything was in the car as expected. Everyone was wearing masks.

I took about half hour to go over the entire car with a friend. I used the provided checklist in this forum plus looked for issues that were also reported in other videos and posts. I only found a trim piece inside the passenger front door with a small gap that they quickly fixed, and a small fitting issue with the seal on the exterior of the rear passenger window. Panel spacing was really good to the point that I will have to get really really picky if I needed to point things out. Even my friend who has a model 3 was impressed with the panel spacing. I did not find any paint issues and I did not see any orange peel on the paint. Rear seats were aligned correctly, the glass roof was perfectly aligned, and the frunk was perfect as well. Everything worked with no issues whatsoever. The staff that was helping me mentioned that it was probably the best model y they have seen so far.

Overall extremely happy with everything, and the car is amazing. I was surprised that there's a lot of soundproofing to the point that is hard to hear somebody outside.

MY, blue/black, 19", FSD, long range, no hitch
Car build date June 2020
Ordered Feb 2nd
Added hitch the day it was available
Then removed hitch thinking it will get me faster deliver (it did not)
Delivery June 21.

I find it amusing that some folks love the Tesla delivery process and others loathe it. I am firmly in the former camp.

By the time I'm ready to buy a car, I've typically done so much research that I know infinitely more about the vehicle than the salesperson. I really don't need/want someone holding my hand.

I'm also really glad to read about recent deliveries that seem to be much better than they were last week.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I took delivery today of my Model Y in Orlando, Fl. The staff was extremely great, and the process was extremely simple. I think I may only buy Tesla cars just because of the process.

I had to go inside and check in with the staff. I had to sign a couple of papers to transfer my existing tag to the new car, then they brought the car to the front for my inspection and made sure that everything was in the car as expected. Everyone was wearing masks.

I took about half hour to go over the entire car with a friend. I used the provided checklist in this forum plus looked for issues that were also reported in other videos and posts. I only found a trim piece inside the passenger front door with a small gap that they quickly fixed, and a small fitting issue with the seal on the exterior of the rear passenger window. Panel spacing was really good to the point that I will have to get really really picky if I needed to point things out. Even my friend who has a model 3 was impressed with the panel spacing. I did not find any paint issues and I did not see any orange peel on the paint. Rear seats were aligned correctly, the glass roof was perfectly aligned, and the frunk was perfect as well. Everything worked with no issues whatsoever. The staff that was helping me mentioned that it was probably the best model y they have seen so far.

Overall extremely happy with everything, and the car is amazing. I was surprised that there's a lot of soundproofing to the point that is hard to hear somebody outside.

MY, blue/black, 19", FSD, long range, no hitch
Car build date June 2020
Ordered Feb 2nd
Added hitch the day it was available
Then removed hitch thinking it will get me faster deliver (it did not)
Delivery June 21.

About to pickup my blue/black LR on Saturday, June 6th build, 90xx VIN. Do you mind sharing your VIN? Trying to nail down where the blue with large swaths of bad/missing paint were produced.

About to pickup my blue/black LR on Saturday, June 6th build, 90xx VIN. Do you mind sharing your VIN? Trying to nail down where the blue with large swaths of bad/missing paint were produced.

While most VINs come off in order there is unfortunately no guaranteed ordering. VIN 19xxx might come off the line right before 01xx.

Also, some SCs seem to be more attentive to detail than others. Two identical cars might get very different treatment before delivery.

I was quite impressed with the delivery center in Marina Del Rey Ca
So much better than a dealership sales experience, can't even compare

Even though it is a touchless delivery (sign of the times)
A rep came out to greet me and we went over the car together, cleaned a few smudges that would only show on white paint

How anyone could go back to the old ways is beyond me

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits