Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery in Scottsdale, AZ yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was able to pick up MY yesterday without much effort. Process was smooth, unrushed, seamless and all around pleasant. Only have a few pain issues that I'm debating whether or not to whine about since I do want to add stealth PPF ASAP to protect the rest of the car from nicks. Earliest service appointment last night when I looked was July 18. Thoughts???

So far, here have been the issues noticed, most of which are now resolved:

1. Radio was unresponsive to anything and despite being "muted" on screen, was blaring and controls were unresponsive. I pulled over, reset tablet, and issue resolved itself

2. Gen 3 charger was only initially charging at 4 Amps. Reset breaker, tried again, breaker tripped, reset breaker, was charging at 48 A, tripped breaker again. I logged into the Gen 3 IP and reset the limit to 40 Amps (even though it's on a 60 Amp/240V breaker), and am successfully charging at 32 Amps now. Not happy with the rate, and scheduled a call this afternoon, but for now it will do.

3. Wheel covers are making a terrible creaking, like rolling gravel, sound while driving. I've read that this seems to be common with the 19" Gemini wheels, so I'll likely be taking the covers off since there isn't much of a fix Tesla can do.

4. Wore OLD jean shorts to pick up the car...by the time I got home, seat was pretty stained. Baby wipes cleaned it right up.

I haven't found any panel gaps that stick out, but I'm also not walking around the car with calipers to go over every panel with meticulous detail. Yay for my first EV!!

Attachments

• 20200623_173908.jpg
    20200623_173908.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 20200623_173930.jpg
    20200623_173930.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200623_173942.jpg
    20200623_173942.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 100
Congrats! Love the MSM with white interior combo. We pick up our white on white Y this Friday. There are center hub caps available for the Gemini wheels for when you take the covers off. I don’t have more details than that, but I’m sure there’s a discussion or two around here on it. Getting the 20” induction wheels on ours.

Was able to pick up MY yesterday without much effort. Process was smooth, unrushed, seamless and all around pleasant. Only have a few pain issues that I'm debating whether or not to whine about since I do want to add stealth PPF ASAP to protect the rest of the car from nicks. Earliest service appointment last night when I looked was July 18. Thoughts???

So far, here have been the issues noticed, most of which are now resolved:

1. Radio was unresponsive to anything and despite being "muted" on screen, was blaring and controls were unresponsive. I pulled over, reset tablet, and issue resolved itself

2. Gen 3 charger was only initially charging at 4 Amps. Reset breaker, tried again, breaker tripped, reset breaker, was charging at 48 A, tripped breaker again. I logged into the Gen 3 IP and reset the limit to 40 Amps (even though it's on a 60 Amp/240V breaker), and am successfully charging at 32 Amps now. Not happy with the rate, and scheduled a call this afternoon, but for now it will do.

3. Wheel covers are making a terrible creaking, like rolling gravel, sound while driving. I've read that this seems to be common with the 19" Gemini wheels, so I'll likely be taking the covers off since there isn't much of a fix Tesla can do.

4. Wore OLD jean shorts to pick up the car...by the time I got home, seat was pretty stained. Baby wipes cleaned it right up.

I haven't found any panel gaps that stick out, but I'm also not walking around the car with calipers to go over every panel with meticulous detail. Yay for my first EV!!

Great news I pick up mine Friday. Hope it’s in good shape also

Reactions: Prdmommyof3