TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Took Delivery Last Night!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SaintsFanNOLA, May 8, 2015.

1. SaintsFanNOLA

SaintsFanNOLA Member

Took delivery of my 85D last night, what a beauty! Had not test driven the dual motor before delivery, but it has not disappointed. Exactly two months from order to delivery. For those interested, I did receive both front and rear NextGen seats as ordered -- just FYI, as I know there's been lots of confusion over these seats.

Attached Files:

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Congratulations!! Looks great! Any chance we can get a shot of the next gen rears? Let us know if you camp out in the next gens overnight to help build the bond between you and your car (and then report how comfy they were). :)

3. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Phenomenal! I wish you many years of fun, safe 100% electric driving!

4. thegruf

thegruf Member

lovely looking car - enjoy.

I thought the NextGen rear seat were no longer an option?
    At least here in the UK, only the Fronts are shown in the option images, though it doesn't actaully specify in the text.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

In the first couple weeks where it expanded to be available to every car model (instead of just P85Ds), it was available for a bit of time as both front + rears. When they dropped the rears again, they lowered the price from $3,500 to $2,500.

6. thegruf

thegruf Member

oops must have blinked that moment!
    Makes this car all the more special then :)

7. spottyq

spottyq Member

Enjoy it !

8. ahurst

ahurst Member

Congrats. More pics please.

9. 0Q991

0Q991 Member

Yes--congrats...and more pics! :)

10. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

image.jpg

I took delivery of my 85D late yesterday afternoon from the Scottsdale service center also. Smiles from ear to ear. Spending the weekend in Sedona and Flagstaff. So far so good although we did have a brief hail storm this afternoon that made me very anxious. Hope you enjoy.

11. SaintsFanNOLA

SaintsFanNOLA Member

Thanks everyone, as requested, here are a couple of pics of the rear next gen seats and a couple other exterior pics.

Congrats nh-srt8, looks beautiful. I was probably at the Scottsdale service center right after you. Took my car to the office today, and that hail made me nervous too!

Attached Files:

12. msteinbeck

msteinbeck Member

In your last picture you're missing the Tesla license plate frame. Did they not give you one? Nice looking car by the way! I accept delivery of mine next week

13. TsRocket

TsRocket Member

Hooray, more friends to meet at the superchargers! Best part of charging. Congrats to all of you! Those next gen seats would throw my dog for a loop, as he does so love to sprawl on his whole back seat.

14. SaintsFanNOLA

SaintsFanNOLA Member

#14 SaintsFanNOLA, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    No, I did not get the plate frame and forgot to ask while there, but from what I understand this is a common occurrence as they run out of stock (as you will see if you check the online store). However, with all of the concerns over fit and finish I've noticed from reading these boards, I was a little anxious about delivery, but since this was the only "issue", I was quite happy. Good luck with your delivery!

15. TES-E

TES-E Member

Congratulations!!!