Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery of a July/2020 build last night...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All:

Took delivery of my long range, duel motor, white/white Model Y last night. Overall I am pleased with the car. A lot of the issues that people talked about simply were not there for me. With that said, here were my issues that I am going to log:

1) Trunk is slightly out of alignment. I think this is pretty easy to fix. (still need to grab pic for this)
2) Hood is really close to the bumper in front. Want to see if they can get a more consistent gap as the sides show.
3) On the interior, there was a small piece of damage on the right side of the counsel.
4) Back seat off a little bit from the seat next to it.
5) Brake pedal weld......I am not sure they can fix this, but really? Ugly as hell. My kid is a Mechanical Engineer. Going to have him design me a plastic guard I can put around that ugly thing. Not sure how the hell that made final production like that. I did better welds in high school. And why would you do the weld facing the customer???!!! Sigh.

Pix below

Otherwise, the paint was really good. I looked at the whole car in the sun for over an hour. Well done Elon. The above list is what I would categorize as first world problems. I am confident they can fix 1 thru 4. I fear #5 is what it is based on some comments on this forum. Goofy is the word I like to describe that decision.

Really haven't driven it. Just got done putting ceramic coating on the white interior. Really like that look. Just hope I can keep it clean.

Glad it finally came!

IMG_5138.jpeg
IMG_5134.jpeg
IMG_5133.jpeg
IMG_5130.jpeg

@daviddavid

Congrats on your delivery. White on white is a beautiful color.

I had the same fitment issues you are having. Mainly the trunk alignment and the rear seats. The Tesla Service Advisor said they were within spec but will perform a "Best effort" adjustment. I have not received my vehicle back yet but will provide you an update later on.

Attachments

• g20sboA.jpg
    g20sboA.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 76
  • DONsA5O.jpg
    DONsA5O.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 71
Vin. 13xxx also had same interior mark, passenger side. I think it's from the tool they used to install the seat. I failed to report mine in the first hundred miles. Sent them five other pictures from five other cars to finally get them to replace.

I wonder if anyone learned what's wrong with the rear seat issue? I would hope by now some enterprising soul would have diagnosed and documented what the exact problem and possible fix is. That's just sad. That is the first thing I will look at when we take delivery of our MY this Sat even before "accepting the car" and gain access to it.

My VIN is 26K built on July 12th. Fingers crossed.

I'll be honest, none of these issues were show stoppers to me. I guess I cut Tesla slack because they managed to do the one thing that no one thought possible. They turned Detroit upside down. I remember the piece of crap 1987 Ford Fairmont my family owned. Things have come a long way. I am sure they will fix the issues and in a year people won't even be talking about these. I am just glad I didn't have major paint issues (so far). That is one thing I am not taking for granted. I have read enough about paint issues on these cars. I want to work on figuring out the most cost effective way to protect the paint. We keep cars a long time. This may very well be the last car my wife buys. We will see :)

so you didn't have the dreaded mismatched paint? On mine, the front door paint doesn't match the rest of the car. I was a June delivery and Tesla has now had it for going on 3 weeks to get it fixed. :/

Attachments

• 20200622_095340.jpg
    20200622_095340.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 59
  • Informative
Reactions: omegafiler
I wonder if anyone learned what's wrong with the rear seat issue? I would hope by now some enterprising soul would have diagnosed and documented what the exact problem and possible fix is. That's just sad. That is the first thing I will look at when we take delivery of our MY this Sat even before "accepting the car" and gain access to it.

My VIN is 26K built on July 12th. Fingers crossed.
I believe they're all the same at this point but shouldn't be a deal breaker but hey, I've seen a lot of strange things on this forum...

Yah - that would’ve been a no from me, dawg
I took delivery in the shade and didn't see it. In full sun it looks fine, it's the filtered morning and evening light that brings it out. I dropped it off to be fixed ion the 13th and haven't gotten it back yet. Coming from a BMW, Tesla service is one of the most frustrating things I have ever dealt with.