Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery of an Old Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery today at the Littleton, CO service center. Our scheduled person was on the phone, so initial impression was of non-caring, but the person who greeted us stayed with us the entire time. So, why is it an Old Model Y? The VIN is 175xx!! Apparently the previous two people were unable to take delivery due to financial issues, so the car had been sitting around Littleton for two weeks, unloved and unpurchased. They said it arrived in Littleton on July 12 and has a June build date. I was quite concerned going in that it might be bad build quality, but I was actually quite impressed. We took a little over an hour to look through it. The people next to us were in the process of rejecting their Model 3! The detailing could have been better, as there were spots where the buffing compound was in spaces between the bodywork, the windshield had a large drip, but it came off when rubbed, so not between the panes of glass. Overall, everything functional, so no reason at all to reject delivery. The coat hangers even work and the rear seats were aligned! What is up with that? I thought the rear seats did not have a fix until sometime in July.

Issues:
Adhesive on the drivers headlight, and in the rear bumper to rear quarter panel joint.
The passengers door is a little tight to the B-Piller, rear door, but not making contact.
One paint chip on the drivers side door, right at the front. The delivery person said it might not be a chip.

That is about it for issues and the delivery person said that "everything is within Tesla specifications". The delivery process was so nice. My wife made multiple comments on how easy it was to buy the car. It was delivered with 41 miles, so I guess a few trips from the delivery center to the storage yard. (My record for lowest delivered miles is -4 with a BMW 330Xi in 2000)

Specs:
Black on Black Dual Motor with trailer hitch, no FSD.

Next up: Appointment next week to get the Homelink module installed.

Attachments

• ModelYChip.jpg
    ModelYChip.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 92
  • ModelYCloseDoor.jpg
    ModelYCloseDoor.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 72
  • ModelYOverall.jpg
    ModelYOverall.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 77

It was delivered with 41 miles. The delivery rep said, they put 40 on the documents because it is always under that amount. I had him check, and it was 41. I didn't push him to hard on it because 1 mile doesn't really matter, and at least he was honest.

say with a straight face "it's within spec."
I wish I knew. His follow up to that was, you either take the car, and request for things to be fixed, which they MAY NOT FIX (he said that multiple times) or you reject the car. So I figured mobile service or my first service visit, they should be able to address the chip, or prove to me that it is not a chip.