Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery of M3 yesterday, should I take back the car to SC for this..?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a M3 AWD yesterday. Was pretty surprised at how good of a shape it's in. (insert lol at being surprised at a 68k car being in good shape)

Anyway, I'm pretty picky and I found a few things that I took pictures of and reported to the DA. He advised to call and make an appointment to bring the car in to fix these issues - IF Tesla deems them "large enough to fix"

So, I'm posting the issues here and I want your feedback.

1. paint scratches/smudges in a few places, pretty minor

2. rear bumper and trunk not aligned perfectly - bigger gap on left side than right side of trunk

3. rear right taillight not aligned - more gap on right taillight than left tail light.

Like I said, pretty minor, but I'm coming from BMW where they're pretty flawless inside/out.

Yay or Nay? Should I take the car into SC to have these issues repaired or just leave them alone and be happy??

Photo-Nov-19-10-04-41-PM
Photo-Nov-19-10-04-43-PM
Photo-Nov-19-10-07-08-PM
Photo-Nov-20-10-37-14-AM
Photo-Nov-20-10-37-25-AM
Photo-Nov-20-10-38-44-AM
Photo-Nov-20-10-38-51-AM

Attachments

• Photo Nov 19, 10 04 41 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 19, 10 04 41 PM.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo Nov 19, 10 07 08 PM.jpg
    Photo Nov 19, 10 07 08 PM.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Photo Nov 20, 10 37 25 AM.jpg
    Photo Nov 20, 10 37 25 AM.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 80
Can they be wiped off or do they require buffing? As for the question should you take it in to SC or just be happy, this is up to you. If anything bugs you, you should take it in and have them fix. No reason to settle for something if you are not happy with it. If you are the type that don't care about these things, then don't worry about it. Many out there don't care about small things they don't see.

Reactions: Tezla1
The first two pics don’t look like scratches but more like scuffs. Try taking a clay bar to it and see if it comes off. The third pic is definitely a nasty set of scratches, I’d send it back just for that. And then the misalignment, absolutely take it back.

Do whatever makes you happy. Nothing is too minor if it can be fixed and it makes you feel better. At the same time, try not to sweat the small stuff. It's a bit of a difficult balance but without even looking at the pictures, the fact that you took the time to post here is all I need to know that you should at least speak to Tesla about it -- as nicely as you posted here. Then take it from there.

The first two pics don’t look like scratches but more like scuffs. Try taking a clay bar to it and see if it comes off. The third pic is definitely a nasty set of scratches, I’d send it back just for that. And then the misalignment, absolutely take it back.

Ya, they maybe just scuffs in a few spots. Not sure. I don’t have a clay bar and don’t really feel like learning how to do all that

I have some items that see minor as well. But I just sent them all to my DA and I'll see what they say. It's an expensive car and I think it should come out as near perfect. That being said, I have only ever bought brand new Toyotas before so I'm not sure what to expect from luxury brands.