Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery of my first EV car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

After confirming my order on May 21, I finally took hold of my first Tesla 70D. Would like to share some information and insights as to the overall impression and process of collecting your precious cargo.

I arrived at the Tsuen Wan Service centre at around 5pm to give an inspection on my car, as I have heard numerous stories about problems with the paint works, windows alignment, rim scratched. So i took my time to go through the exterior as well as the interior.

After some careful inspection, I discovered that the bonnet and also the front bumper were both indeed scratched, so the DS marked them down and agreed to have them repainted and resprayed the next time I come into the service centre. Also I found some glue spots on the leather seats and they immediately took care of it. I figured that since Tesla is still a relatively young and new car company, QC and before delivery inspections are still way behind of most european car companies which is totally understandable. So an earlier arrival on the day of collecting the car would be encouraged, making sure your new car is perfect.

Then the DS went through the UI and the car with me, helping me with the driver profile setup. Everything went well and all the inspection and tutorial sessions were done at 5:45pm.

Here comes the funniest part, one would think at this point you could drive your new baby home. But just one second, the car's licensing is not ready yet. Since Tesla issues your license plate on the same day the car is delivered. We have to wait for one of their staff to rush back from the Transport Department with all the new cars license plate literally in his back pack and your DS will run to the guy and pick up your registration paper and your newly made license plate to make them attached to your car. (I have never seen this with any other car companies in HK) So if the guy delivering the paper was stuck in a traffic jam, everyone waiting anxiously to have their cars drove home that day would have to wait there doing nothing. I think Tesla HK need to streamline this particular of their license registration process.

After all that is done, the time was already 6:20. Finally, I get to drive the car home and oh boy...was it fun on the way home though traffic was a bit bad. Overall, a pleasant experience and the DS was very helpful and attentive. I also got some perks from Tesla (2 leather key fob covers and 1 umbrella)

IMG_0681.jpg
IMG_0682.jpg

Congratulations! When I took delivery, the registration was done 2 days earlier.

BTW, I got nothing, not even a fob cover.

What we get with the new car seems pretty random.... some people get the fob cover, some got an umbrella as well.
I only got a fob cover. LOL my brother living in San Francisco said his friend's parents wanted to ask me if I got an umbrella because they didn't :biggrin:
I whatsapped the delivery rep after to ask for an umbrella and no reply LOL

Congrats Bobhammer! Good colour choice :smile:

What we get with the new car seems pretty random.... some people get the fob cover, some got an umbrella as well.
I only got a fob cover. LOL my brother living in San Francisco said his friend's parents wanted to ask me if I got an umbrella because they didn't :biggrin:
I whatsapped the delivery rep after to ask for an umbrella and no reply LOL

Congrats Bobhammer! Good colour choice :smile:

My DS gave me the key fobs and umbrella immediately upon my arrival. I did ask for more, but he said had given me everything he could possibly give out :biggrin: