Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery of MY LR in Colorado, No Gratis Mud Flaps & PPF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
I'm curious what the deal is with this. I read some saying that some regions get these items installed gratis. Some said their MY had them installed already at delivery while others said that their SA informed them to schedule in the app to have them installed as they didn't have the parts at that time. I would assume that Colorado is within whatever regions it was deemed necessary. That said, my MY didn't have these at delivery. I asked the SA about it specifically and he seemed familiar with it in his answer and said to schedule it in the app. When I go into the app all I see is the option to add them as accessories at a cost. What is the definitive position on this and is this something that I just need to request in a specific way to get it? Not sure I'd pay for these items but if they're free I'd like them installed to further protect the vehicle.

Same experience for me. I took delivery two weeks ago in Colorado Springs. I'm going to add aftermarket PPF on my passenger doors and mudflaps for all four wheelwells. I keep hearing Tesla doesn't provide them in all regions.

Took delivery a month ago with no mudflaps and shark fin ppf for rear wheels. Specifically asked my SA if the car comes with those. The answer was that Tesla never delivered vehicles to Colorado with these addons. I did a full front ppf wrap and added shark fins at the shop I always use (fourth car wrapped flawlessly, MYLR took two days).

Who did you
Took delivery a month ago with no mudflaps and shark fin ppf for rear wheels. Specifically asked my SA if the car comes with those. The answer was that Tesla never delivered vehicles to Colorado with these addons. I did a full front ppf wrap and added shark fins at the shop I always use (fourth car wrapped flawlessly, MYLR took two days).

go with for your wrap? Looking for a good shop in Denver.