Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery of our X: Great vehicle, some frustrations. Also thinking about adding a 3 soon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our X and the car looked great in the showroom. Read the checklist beforehand but it seemed too overwhelming to go through it all on pick up date with family. Was just excited to get the car home. Cosmetically there weren't any noticeable scratches or major paint imperfections. When I got home I realized the drivers side passenger door had a bigger gap then the other side. I live a little far from the delivery pickup center and have a busy schedule so I haven't reached out yet and waiting to see if there are other issues to address.

Another thing I felt was when the AC was on kind of high, the accelerator and brake pedal slightly vibrate, is that normal? Also the Tesla app cant connect to phone for summon, and summon doesn't work at all even though autopilot does. I have also tried to use it on the key fob and by hitting park 2x (and I did activate summon on the settings screen already!) Do I need to drive over couple hundred miles before summon works? Last issue is that I have a home with multiple wifi access points and strong coverage at every corner of the house but the wifi on the Model X keeps saying wrong password and does not connect.

Apart from these frustrations the Model X is very spacious, fast and comfortable. Considering adding a Model 3 that I have been sitting on till white interior comes out , and wanted to know if any current X owners have a 3 and like it? I wanted the extra range, sporty feel and easier to manage size for day to day use.

MVIMG_20180329_190245.jpg

MVIMG_20180331_122011.jpg

MVIMG_20180331_122003.jpg

Considering adding a Model 3 that I have been sitting on till white interior comes out , and wanted to know if any current X owners have a 3 and like it? I wanted the extra range, sporty feel and easier to manage size for day to day use.

We need two vehicles for commuting so got the 3 soon as we could. It is smaller, lighter, and sportier than the X, easier to park and a little less comfortable. Even with the longer range of the 3, the roomier Model X remains the trip car.

I tried to reboot without success. I pressed the brake and both scroll wheel buttons and 2 buttons above scroll wheel for 30 seconds without success. I am running 10.6. Is there another way to do it?

First, forget the brake pedal. Not involved. And you are rebooting using the scroll wheels (trackballs) themselves. Not the buttons above them. The buttons at the top should reboot the IC. Don't hold all four of them! :D

To repeat,
Holding the two scroll wheels does the MCU (large screen).
Holding the two top buttons does the IC (instrument cluster, binnacle).

The one you normally care about is the MCU, so do the scroll wheels. And as I said, there is no documented extra 'assistance' from a deeper reboot from holding the brake pedal when you do either of these. The brake pedal wakes the car up when it's asleep.

Let us know how that works!

Last issue is that I have a home with multiple wifi access points and strong coverage at every corner of the house but the wifi on the Model X keeps saying wrong password and does not connect.
There are a lot of threads about wifi issues. First thing is to reboot. So, let's try that.

Then: Do you have any media servers or Plex or Tivos? If so, you may need to put the car on a Guest wifi network to separate it from the the other equipment. But that is needed when it can't connect to the mothership: it can connect to the wifi but then falls off.

This looks like it can't connect at all, so a reboot may fix it.

What it does is login to your wifi and then set up a VPN to Tesla. If you see it convert from LTE to Wifi and then fall back a minute later, this is the VPN failing to set up, which can be caused by the media servers , other VPNs, etc.

Let's see how the reboot does.

First, forget the brake pedal. Not involved. And you are rebooting using the scroll wheels (trackballs) themselves. Not the buttons above them. The buttons at the top should reboot the IC. Don't hold all four of them! :D

To repeat,
Holding the two scroll wheels does the MCU (large screen).
Holding the two top buttons does the IC (instrument cluster, binnacle).

The one you normally care about is the MCU, so do the scroll wheels. And as I said, there is no documented extra 'assistance' from a deeper reboot from holding the brake pedal when you do either of these. The brake pedal wakes the car up when it's asleep.

Let us know how that works!

Tried to hold just the 2 scroll wheels to reboot and still no success. Been hearing reports of people with new MCU being unable to reboot and also summon not working at all. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Tried to hold just the 2 scroll wheels to reboot and still no success. Been hearing reports of people with new MCU being unable to reboot and also summon not working at all. Hope it gets resolved soon.

I am on 10.6 as well and summon works with my keyfob. Have not tried the app yet. Double check your setting that summon is turned on. Also try power off your car and turn it back on, then reboot using the double scroll whell.

You have the new MCU, which has some documented issues with wifi and summon. They are supposed to be releasing some fixes for it. As for the panel misalignment, the FWDs can actually be slightly adjusted, so you should make an appointment to fix it.

I am on 10.6 as well and summon works with my keyfob. Have not tried the app yet. Double check your setting that summon is turned on. Also try power off your car and turn it back on, then reboot using the double scroll whell.

I have 10.6 as well, mcu and ic reboot holding the scroll wheels. I can summon with fob but not with the iPhone. It won’t connect to vehicle.

Yes it's a bug. Reset with pressing two scroll wheels doesn't work for some of us with new MCU. I picked up Thursday and can't connect to WiFi, also unable to reset by pressing scroll wheels simultaneously. Called Tesla and they confirmed both are known issues and will resolve with 10.2016.12 update soon.

I have 10.6 as well, mcu and ic reboot holding the scroll wheels. I can summon with fob but not with the iPhone. It won’t connect to vehicle.

Oh goody! I’m not the only one then. Picked up my MX 2 weeks ago and right off the bat noticed that I couldn’t summon using the app. Won’t connect. I went to the Bible, ahem, this forum and learned to reboot. No go. And I couldn’t connect to WiFi to save my life.
At some point in time WiFi started to work. I called Tesla customer service and they confirmed that indeed some new models have an issue with the reboot function and all that is connected to the summon function on the phone. They said they’d follow up - haven’t heard a peep since. They said that it’s related to something being loaded onto the MCU at the factory and it takes some time for it to “finish loading”. I smell BS.
Gonna call my DS on Monday to follow up. It’s not a deal breaker or prevents me from driving but. Minor annoyance. Summon works fine with the fob.
Post an update when you hear something back regarding this issue?!