Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery today: '21 MY LR 20" Black/Black/Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like the title says, today I took delivery of my 2021 Model Y. :)
First EV, from a long line of ICE motorcycles & cars, and after many years of thinking, wishing, and exploring the market.

It came from Tesla Bellevue. I called a few hours ahead with questions on the delivery/signing process, as nobody contacted me or provided me any info as a heads up on the procedure beforehand. Calling in, they were professional, patient, and answered all of my questions which helped dial my anxiety down a couple notches as the 1yr supercharging, 3mo FSD trial, and a short weekender roadtrip were on the line.

The delivery guy was also patient, as I took my time going through just about everything on an inspection checklist off the top of my mind. He even missed his Uber back, to make sure my questions were addressed on next steps should I spot anything within the first 24hr time frame, and scheduling a Service Center appointment if needed.

I've inspected twice today, and will once more tomorrow morning, but (so far) there's nothing glaringly major to cause a Return/Reject. That's when the joy starting to really seep in :)

Gotta admit: with all the posts, articles, videos, reviews and more online about build quality, QA/QC wrt panel gaps, scratches, dings, dents, misalignments, headlight condensation, doors not closing, rattles, clicking, and so on.. mine seemed to have turned out quite nicely.

Hope that helps any other EV n00bs out there. I love my Y already, and a big thanks to the team at Tesla Bellevue.

Attachments

• 20201230_185750.jpg
    20201230_185750.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 20201230_185816.jpg
    20201230_185816.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 20201230_185830.jpg
    20201230_185830.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 159
Congrats!! I just took delivery of a Model 3 and I am having second thoughts about not getting the Y.....believe it or not the trade in value from Tesla was INSANE and makes it realistic to order the exact same BLK/BLK/BLK. Would you mind sharing the first 3 numbers of the last 6 of the VIN? I would like to try and track any changes that may or may not be coming.

CONGRATS!!!